Napster?

• Thread starter sisteve
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gnutella sux. it takes about an hour just to get connected. right now i use kazaa and direct connect, but kazaa has spyware so i dont use it much.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Feb 25 2003, 04:39 PM
gnutella sux. it takes about an hour just to get connected. right now i use kazaa and direct connect, but kazaa has spyware so i dont use it much.

Try Kazaa lite. Also, LimeWire, Kazaa, Morpheus and all of them connect to the Gnutella network. So you are still using it, even though you are using Kazaa. :)

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 25 2003, 05:18 PM-->
@Feb 25 2003, 04:39 PM

Try Kazaa lite. Also, LimeWire, Kazaa, Morpheus and all of them connect to the Gnutella network. So you are still using it, even though you are using Kazaa. :)

No they are not the same network. Kazaa, Grokster, and FileShare use the same network, which is Fasttrack. Morpheus and Limewire, bearshare and some others connect to gnutella. I pretty much hate that hub thingy except for the one on Direct Connect. Morpheus used to be on Fasttrack but switched to gnutella.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Feb 25 2003, 08:01 PM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 25 2003, 05:18 PM
K2e2vin
@Feb 25 2003, 04:39 PM
gnutella sux.  it takes about an hour just to get connected.  right now i use kazaa and direct connect, but kazaa has spyware so i dont use it much.

No they are not the same network. Kazaa, Grokster, and FileShare use the same network, which is Fasttrack. Morpheus and Limewire, bearshare and some others connect to gnutella. I pretty much hate that hub thingy except for the one on Direct Connect. Morpheus used to be on Fasttrack but switched to gnutella.

Ah okay. I figured they all were b/c my LimeWire said Gnutella and then my Kazaa (in the descriptions of some songs/videos) will says "Hottest thing on Morpheuos right now" and stuff. So i assumed it was all the same sheet.

Kazaa Rocks, i use it everyday, i can find songs and have them downloaded in 30 seconds or less. Its great, you can search music by bitrate, quality, download time, and all sorts of other entities. Also, you can download movies, pictures, and software. Last year I downloaded a computer animation program that normally would have cost me $2800 for free. (No, I wouldn't have paid for it). You can usually find cracks and serials for all the software too, but for that i prefer Deluxe Serials .

Yea i have over 5 gigs of music on my computer (13% of my HD) I am using KAZAA lite (kazaa pop up adds sucked).

Napster will never get back on its feet, the music industry hates them so much and as soon as some copyrighted music comes even close to napster, there goes there company. No one is ever going to pay for something that they got for free before.

I heard Morphous didn't work anymore. Also, they can make it pay and all that and shut everyone down, but then someone else will make another one. They can have the ISP's monitor a certain port for a certain "package" to detect ppl downloading music, but then someone will make it use another port or someone will make something to "fool" the ISP. It wont ever stop. The internet was the best thing ever invented (besides the computer :lol:)

Arent they, the government or institutions, cracking down on downloading/sharing off of programs like Kazaa, sharebear, etc.? I thought i heard that At the Naval Academy a large number of cadets were kicked out for it and at some other colleges some others were expelled. supposedly they are making it national and people can get in lots of trouble for it. My dad was talking about it and what not, it may just be on college campuses though.

Yeah, my buddy just got fined a bunch of money for downloading and sharing software on a school campus. The solution, keep the sharing at home. Yes it is illegal to pirate software and music, but nobody has the right to get into your computer and check any kind of information. Microsoft cannot get in your computer and find out that you have a stolen version of windows xp. However, the government can confiscate your computer and at their lab determine if you have pirated software and hold you to the laws, but I've never heard of the government cracking down on an individual for pirating software and take there computer from them, unless they hacked into NASA (I knew a guy that did that).

My vote is for kazaa i think it works great. I would be intrested in paying a LOW monthly fee to d/l songs but i wont do that until i have to. I wouldnt pay more then 5 or so bucks though.

Dont forget CD-Burners. Peer-2-Peer software+internet+CD-Burner= an custom mixed cd with songs you want. I am suprised at how 50 Cent is #1 and his cds are selling out b/c everyone ive seen has the burnt version (ive probally seen around 30 copies and havent seen the original cd yet!)

Rule for record companies to live by. If your CD isn't being shared it ain't worth buying.
So my thoughts are p2p networks let a company judge how good a CD is or isn't selling.

Back