Need advice on how to buy EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Adanac

I'm thinking this is the best place to put this. But I need some help/advice.

I never thought it would be so hard to give someone my money for a car. lol

I currently have an EG Si but mine is rusting out because I live in Canada. (Toronto) I love the EG and I want to keep one long term. (not a rusted one though, it's like watching a family member slowly die of cancer)

So here I think, the best has got to be get one from socal. No rust, lots of cool tuned eg's out there, all done by wickedly experienced guys. Perfect!

But MAN, as soon as I tell people I'm from Canada, I can't get a response out of them. I guess the craig's list warning saying ALL internet inquiries are internet scams isn't helping.

I'm running into a snag. Any advice on how I might convince people I'm legit?

Yeah, but I wasn't thinking of doing that. Driving from LA to Toronto would take forever.
I was thinking of shipping it. (yet another craigslist warming) Blasted internet scammers!! making it hard to get a nice car!!! (fist in the air)

I am going to visit relatives in April, perhaps I'll have to wait until then and watch all the nice ones from now til then pass me by..sigh

There's plenty of non-rusted out civics within driving distance from you.
All the 'good tuners' aren't in socali.

In fact, 95% of the times i've been scammed, has been from so cali. I pretty much don't do business with so cal anymore.

The hardest thing for you is going to be getting it across the border. Temp Reg's aren't international. In fact, i don't think you're supposed to leave the state on it if i remember correctly.

look into a shipping company.

Thanks guys, I'm thinking I'm going to have to beg my relatives to make the exchange for me. I'll have to ship from my relatives place and deal with them on that.

There's plenty of non-rusted out civics within driving distance from you.
All the 'good tuners' aren't in socali.

In fact, 95% of the times i've been scammed, has been from so cali. I pretty much don't do business with so cal anymore.

The hardest thing for you is going to be getting it across the border. Temp Reg's aren't international. In fact, i don't think you're supposed to leave the state on it if i remember correctly.

look into a shipping company.

Yeah, I'll be using a shipping company and broker that deals with cars when I do.

But you serious about being scamed in Cali??? Where abouts are you? You getting scammed because you got stuff sight unseen?

It's sounding like I gotta do this in person when/if I go in April. I don't want to get scammed either.

in im connecticut.
most of it was parts. either never shipped, or shipped something broken/not as advertised.

there are a lot of good cars in washington state. you don't have to go to cali.

ah shit. i just missed the part he said he's in toronto. i don't know why he would go to cali for a car.

here's my thought. find a car, pay someone to drive it up to canada and say they are on vacation. then take them home in a canadian car or give them a bus pass.

ah shit. i just missed the part he said he's in toronto. i don't know why he would go to cali for a car.

here's my thought. find a car, pay someone to drive it up to canada and say they are on vacation. then take them home in a canadian car or give them a bus pass.

Hey guys, thanks for your reponses and ideas. Even if it was more brainstorming in nature. :D

I just got duped with my current Si and a way to ensure I don't again is to go south where there is no snow. I bought a "rust fee" car in Canada and it turned out to be painted over.

The only reason I picked cali is because there are lots of tuner cars there and lots of websites dedicated to trading and selling them.

I was looking for a B16 or B18 swap. There seems to be a lot of them.

dude, you can buy a "tuner car" anywhere. i would rather go to florida than cali....it's closer and more fun...

Yeah, you got a good point there. NOW if it was Florida, the your idea would work better.

I'm just going to have to convince one of those old folks that go down there for the winter to drive back my new car.

Haha, now that would be a cool sight! Old couple driving up to Toronto in my tricked out honda civic. I kind of like that idea.

I have a buddy that lives in Florida and is always looking for stuff to do. Should you go that route, let me know and I'll talk to him to see if he will do it.

LOL! Now I didn't see that comming.

I'm not so sure how comfortable I feel about having a friend of an internet stranger drive my car up to toronto.

But I am greatful for your helpful suggestions! LOL, that would be funny if we actually ended up doing that. That'd almost be like some bad hollywood bull run kind of movie. Haha.

LOL! Now I didn't see that comming.

I'm not so sure how comfortable I feel about having a friend of an internet stranger drive my car up to toronto.

But I am greatful for your helpful suggestions! LOL, that would be funny if we actually ended up doing that. That'd almost be like some bad hollywood bull run kind of movie. Haha.

anybody on this forum will vouch for him...

personally i'd look in Canada.. you guys have the SiR model over there so it comes w/ a b16 stock..

Back