need an opinion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

alright this might be the wrong forum, but this is not a tech post. i just need some quick opinions and input.

my friend wants to buy one of the Import builders intakes when they come out, but needs a cheap intake for now. There are 3 options on Ebay right now. there is an AEM short ram for about 100 shipped, a no name cold air with reuseable filter for about $42 shipped, and a Bomz cold air for about $52 shipped.

which would you go with. remmeber this is basically only temporary.

autozone
$19 for the short ram intake
$40 for the K&N filter
$5 for the ceramic heat resistant paint

total + $64 for a short ram intake as good or better than the AEM

yeah the AEM is outta the question, kinda too much

but what about the cheap cold air VS. the cheap short ram

come on this is not that hard, i kinda got to get an answer in the next few hours

to be 100% honest... if this was me and i just needed to get something on there to get my by untill i got the real intake i wanted, fuck it, i would just get the cheapest POS i could find
go get one of the cheap ass autozone specials and leave it as is untill the IB one comes out

the first week after my swap i was driving around with a borrowed K&N cone filter attatched directly to the throttle body, while i was waiting for my comptech short ram / icebox to show up

well our autozone here in san diego doesnt have anything for the CRX. how is the comptech compared to the AEM CAI?

its a LOT quieter
cant suck up water
it gives better throttle response
it gives equal or slightly higher HP gains
not as bling looking
more expensive though

IMO its worth it.... but i was looking to keep everything semi low key

they dont make it for the CRX though

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 18 2005, 10:49 PM
its a LOT quieter
cant suck up water
it gives better throttle response
it gives equal or slightly higher HP gains
not as bling looking
more expensive though

IMO its worth it.... but i was looking to keep everything semi low key

they dont make it for the CRX though
[post=447778]Quoted post[/post]​

oh no CRX ok

bought the cheap no name CAI. it will do just fine till Import Builders has their intake. anyone know when hes planning on releasing it?

In the post (search for import builders in the for sale forum) It was said that if you mail their sales email (something like sales@importbuilders.com) and mentioned the thread that he would send you one for $150. I emailed them over a week ago and have yet to get a response, so I'm not sure where that is going. If you send an email and get a reply post here what you find out.

Back