Need Brakes BAD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

Yea so my brakes went out totally. No pedal response whatsoever. So I think I am going to purchase stainless steel brake lines, and use synthetic brake fluid. DOT3 Prestone.. unless you guys know of better brake fluid that is dot 3. Anyways, I need ceramic pads and SOME kind of DISCS that fit on a civic DX. In this case, what do you all recommend for performance discs or blank discs that are DIRT CHEAP? Brembo blanks??? And if so, where should I purchase the discs? AH YES... I need calipers too... what kind of calipers should i get? is there some that are slightly better than stockers at high speeds? thanks a lot whoever responds...

Quoted post[/post]]
Yea so my brakes went out totally. No pedal response whatsoever. So I think I am going to purchase stainless steel brake lines, and use synthetic brake fluid. DOT3 Prestone.. unless you guys know of better brake fluid that is dot 3. Anyways, I need ceramic pads and SOME kind of DISCS that fit on a civic DX. In this case, what do you all recommend for performance discs or blank discs that are DIRT CHEAP? Brembo blanks??? And if so, where should I purchase the discs? AH YES... I need calipers too... what kind of calipers should i get? is there some that are slightly better than stockers at high speeds? thanks a lot whoever responds...
what year is your civic?

Just get stock-after market or OEM everything. Stick to regular DOT 3 fluid. but I would suggest going with the Hawk HPS pads. they are cheap and they work 10 times better than OEM.

my prefered setup for brakes is:
brembo blanks (some people like the cheap $20 autozone specials, but i stick with the brembos)
hawk HPS for street or HP+ if it will see some track use
ATE super blue brake fluid
and i like the goodridge lines

there are other setups that are as good, but this is what i have experience with, i have absolutly no complaints, the brakes are almost offensive :)

for calipers you will probly be fine with the stock ones
if you want to upgrade then get the whole brake setup from fastbrakes :)

are you sure it isnt your brake master that is bad?

1995 civic DX gangsta edition. I am NOT sure its the master cylinder but i dont think it is tho, cause my right brake caliper went out first and it leaks mad fluid. Then my left went out and now i have NO pedal response whatsoever. I guess the master cylinder coulda shat out at the same time or someshit but that dosent seem likely.

I don't think i ever needed brakes for my shitvic. BUT GODDAMN I wish I had a Honda again.

Audi brakes are expensive. 250+ for brembo blanks and crappy pads.

I went with some crappy OEM pads for 67.XX for F/R and said fuck the rotors.

go to TireRack.com they have good prices there
brembos for your audi are like $75 front and $36 rear
pads arent too bad either all depending on what you want

Shit so im still taking the bus. just getting ahead financially, but coincidentially im getting way hardcore into skateboarding suddenly. i got way better in the last month so i ordered a complete skateboard to replace my target deck shit with a new one that is gonna have bones ceramic bearings.. sheesh! they are 120 dollar bearings so instead of fixing my goddamn car im buying a skateboard. LOL. god sometimes i cant believe myself. ANYWAYS i found brembo blanks ass-cheap @ autopartswarehouse.com so im getting those, they also have cheap ass AEM pads so im getting those too. me and my other friend are having a SUPER hard time finding calipers from anywhere besides www.autopartswarehouse.com .. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME calipers please please please tell me.. performance let alone oem standard are very hard to find. dealership price is 100 each fuck that. im getting goodridge lines too BOYEEE yea.

another question.. I AM GOING to need to resurface my brembo blanks, correct? thanks for any answers...

the AEM pads arent that great
and most auto parts stores should have the callipers (or be able to get them)

and no you dont have to resurface shit... just clean everything up and put it together

Ha, Garret, fix your brakes yet?

Told u that u ain't need to resurface yo blanks man
clean them

holla back when you's finished

Back