need help b17 trans build.

1-4 full b17 gears, no 5th. this is not a daily! what 5th to run? other combo's? high boost!!

• find B17 gsr by 6 to match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • run different and why

• Ls 5th for highway?

• other. why?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hermanaid206

Cracked open and counted up after blowing diff a while back and my what i was told was gsr tranny has full b17 gears counter and main final all internals b17. So to take advantage naturaly i (6 mo later) Bought this diff/trans kit. carbon sync, bearing, hubs ect. I do Have my main shaft complete b17. counter.. someone decided to swap me 4 & 5, with random b gears that dont quite match haha. imagine that.. So I need to locate B17 4 & 5 gears on the counter side, possibly main as well, maybe a hub or two depending on $$ anybody got any good places to search for these gold nuggets. Or feel like convincing me into running one of the other b gears and why?,, and this is a full race build.carbon Syncs roller, ball all bearings little shy of three months rent into it as of now just this delema and she's done. Help thx

I always thought longer gears would be the way to go. But a B17 VTEC would be considered to have short gears compared to an LS transmission....which would be the trans I'd use for a drag car with a B-series turbo.

I have a L's trans with LSD sitting for a rainy day. Over $3000 into this real "blacksheep" b17 cable. Full carbon syncros shift sleeves rods bearings whole nine. I guess on my off time someone decided they wanted just my 5th more than I did. Will be 20+ lbs full built b20v. Sleeved ported yada yah. I'm thinking maybe L's 5th for when I do drive on the streets. But down the track or racing I bairly ever hit 5th

Best scenario is finishing at the end of a gear so that would dictate what is needed. For your power....finishing in 4th is most likely the optimal set up.

You've got a rare gear set....which tells me parts can be difficult to source.

Thus being my situation. Even tho other gsr or any b16 are same tooth and diamator I know 100% beside the new carbon syncs I'm true OEM b17 final main counter besides 5th lol

what tire size are you planning to run?
about what hp will you put down?
how heavy is the chassis?

Back