Need Help!!!!!!!! B20 swap on a 97 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

avenger97

This is my first time doing this and i.d really appreciate your help!!
I was able to find a b20 off of a CRV.. But I still dont know what computer and wiring harness I need since the crv was automatic, I was able to find an S4C Tranny, I got innovative mounts, a mishimoto radiator and RMF header ao far.. But I cant figure out the rest.. Please if you guys can help me with the rest I woud appeciate it a lot!

OBD2A P75 Manual ECU. I don't like chipped ECU's unless it's a built motor that actually NeeDs to be tuned. OEM FTW.

Use your existing engine wiring harness.

Not sure on EK's but EG Civics need a B18B Intake manifold to shut the hood.

Google is your good friend.

Thank you so much for replying,
So the wiring harness from the D16 works?? That was the previous engine
And what about the axles, the b18 is kind of similar, can I get the ones from an Integra ls??
This is my project car and I really dont wanna screw it up,

yup, you can use the ls axels (frankly, any integra except type r)
most of the d16 harness will plug right in. might need to extend a few wires to reach, but thats about it.

Ooh ok. Got you!! Thanks again!
Also wondering, theres a Web page called icb motorsport, and I saw a ot of OEM parts for my hatch, I haven.t order anythin, I just need to know if this page its reliable before I purchase anything

Yeah you.re right.. I guess I can order sometin small and check it out
And as for the car ill post pics as soon as I get on a computer cause right now i.m just using my phone

Ill Check Out those pages for sure!
right now i just wanna get the car running since its gonna be my daily, but i also wanted to see what would be the best way to tune it, is it better to build the bottom with a b18 head, or do i go B16 head and a medium turbo.. I do not know yet but once the Car its running, my budget will be about 3 grand..

b16a and b18c1 heads are very similar in power output for the most part for a basic setup. gsr will offer a little more mid range, where as the b16 will have slightly more top end at the VERY top.

the turbo on either will destory the all motor of either, so it's not a comparable metric really.

look up Majestic Honda. They are a dealership that does a ton of OEM parts online at good prices.

Help!!! I.ve been lookin everywhere but i cant find the obd2a p75 ecu... What other one would work?? I.m not upgrading to Vtec yet.. Its First gonna be my daily..

try searching ebay, craigs list, or local junkyards. they are everywhere...
96-97 integra gs, ls, rs

millions of cars.

Well i.ve found some p75, but they.re not obd2.. I guess that makes a difference doesnt..??

I searched eBay for a OBD2A P75 5-Speed..... No dice as of yesterday. A ton of auto trans ECU's though.

But a OBD1 will work with a conversion/jumper harness.

But you'll need to take emissions into consideration, and by the time you get the harness, it ends up costing twice as much. just wait it out, post a wanted ad here and on other honda forums.

sorrry guys.. i was out of internet lol well actually in new mexico they dont check emissions thats the good thing...

I have a obd2a p75 if you still need one.

Also the driver motor mount bracket on the block wont work. It will put your motor about 2-3" low on that side.

Are you using a jdm or usdm motor? If using a jdm one you will need to bypass the crank sensor for the car.

You need a LS or aftermarket intake manifold.

If you want text me at 479-453-6094. I just did a b20 swap into a 96 Integra a couple weeks ago.

yeah i just got a p75 ecu from a teggy.. thanks anyway
even with the innovative mounts the engine will be uneven??? and the crv is usdm
got ya on the manifold.. what about axles?? is that all i need just the axles from an ls or also cv joints..?

Even with a mount kit yeah you will need the right block side bracket. Did you get 2 post or 3 post mounts? I just sold the 2 post mount I had. I may have a extra 3 post though.

You have to use teg, delsol b series, or em1 axles. I'm 95% sure the crv ones are diff.

I have a stock ls intake mani if you need one of those.

Last edited:
Back