need help please !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

richarda

hi im new here hopefully this is the right place to post this...any ways my daily driver is a 1994 acura integra rs automatic that I bought from a family member for a great deal ($600) some one had stripped his interior so i decided to make it my project car. so the car has 245,xxx miles and its giving its last kicks but its still fighting. it has been loosing oil and water as well so basically i have noticed my head gaskets are gone. so here is were i need help i am trying to decide on building my b18b1 or swapping in a gsr engine both come in at around the same price out the door. if i keep my engine i will need to the hone the cylinder walls, put p30 pistons, port polishing the head and of course cams and a good tune or i can swap in a b18c1 from shopswapracing. the first option would put me at a little bit over $3000 the second one would put me at $2995.99 both still keeping the auto tranny (don't want to get a manual cause of LA traffic i drive close to 130 miles daily ) do you guys think this is worth it keeping it auto or should i just rebuild the engine back to oem and save my money ? would i feel a big difference with either or? thanks in advance

Have you ever built a motor before? If so, what that guy said. If not, buy another B18B. Don't mess with a B18C with an auto transmission. You won't like it. Plus, You'd have to get a chipped auto P28 to even get it to work correctly.

dont bother rebuilding the current motor, get a lower miles b18b or b20 and swap it in there. it will be straighforward and not very expensive. seriously not worth putting a bunch of money into for a daily driver.

Thank you to everyone who replied . No I have never built an engine before so that's why I'm kinda iffy I understand what everyone is saying so in kinda leaning towards a b18b from hmotors online . For $850 plus installation do you guys think that's a good idea or should I just go with a b20

same HP and more Tq from the B20

just need to swap out the intake

but the B18B will be a direct drop in with no modifications required

im needing a little help my integra gsr i have a four door and B18C1 but i ripped the crank remanned it and now i cant find any place that sales new connecting rod bolts or main bearing bolts if anyone know a site that sales them please let me know email me at calainhamilton@yahoo.com

So basically the torque is the only difference then I might as well get the b18b since it was the engine for the intrgra do you guys agree or not and is hmotors a good place for an engine?? And please no thread jacking .....

So basically the torque is the only difference then I might as well get the b18b since it was the engine for the intrgra do you guys agree or not and is hmotors a good place for an engine?? And please no thread jacking .....

Ive had decent luck with toronto jdm... Give them a try, and 850 sounds like alot to me... I got my jdm b20 for 650, with a 6 month warrantee... Keep looking around dude..

Also what kinda miles per gallon does your car give you ?

The jdm engines typically have between 30-50,000 miles on them (as advertised) i left the engine stock coupled with a 98 spec itr trans, and i got between 28-32 mpg, depending on how i drove it... That car is long gone, as it got stolen about a year ago... The integra i have now was my wife's... And when it was autotragic, it got about 19-22 mpg... Now with the manual trans swap, itr trans, it gets the same gas mileage...

Last edited:
Interesting currently I'm getting 30-32 mpg ( but I do drive 80 percent hwy 20 percent street) that suck about it being stolen that's how I bought some people stole the interior of the car so I bought it as a project car.
The only reason I'm iffy about the b20 is cause of smog don't really want to be dealing with it failing smog :( I need some people with experience with both engines and which they liked better but also some engine importers they recommend .thank you guys again so far you have been great help!!

im decided....after reading reviews and comparing prices im going with b18b from hmotors. yes it is a little pricier then the other places but to what i have read they are quality importers and the best part is i live near them so i can go pick up my engine and i'am alo ordering a new auto transmission from for an extra $200 dollars, im going to place my order as soon as my current engine goes boom...hopefully im happy with my choice if anyone thinks or has any other advice it will be greatly appreciated :D

Can't go wrong with a direct replacement. Just make sure it's the same obd. in your case, obd1 so you want a 94 or 95 only to have the easiest swap possible.

im decided....after reading reviews and comparing prices im going with b18b from hmotors. yes it is a little pricier then the other places but to what i have read they are quality importers and the best part is i live near them so i can go pick up my engine and i'am alo ordering a new auto transmission from for an extra $200 dollars, im going to place my order as soon as my current engine goes boom...hopefully im happy with my choice if anyone thinks or has any other advice it will be greatly appreciated :D

Sounds like quite the deal!

To b :Sorry for the noob question but how do I make sure it's a obd1 block and not obd2 want to make this replacement as easy as I can .

Dc4dude: I totally agree with what you said that's one of the main reasons I'm going with them no shipping cost only gas money and they offered me a good pakage deal .
Again thank you to everyone who has taken their time to post and advice :D

What I meant to say is their any specific way to finding our what obd the engine is just by looking at it ?

generally, the obd-2 engines will have a crank sensor on the front of the engine, you'll see a wire leading down to it..

Back