NEED HELP WIRING MY SI HEAD IN MY CRX DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey guys. i just threw in a 90 si head on my 91 dx crx block (my dx head was shot), and i have 3 things i cant figure out..

1~ im connecting the connectors back on the head/Intake Mani., now on the DX harness, i have this 1 connector i dont know where it goes. it has 2 wires :Black/Yellow and anouther wire that is Blue/Yellow. the connector itself if green. if someone could pleassse tel me where that goes id be very greatfull.

2~ any one else who has done this swap, did they also have to extend the TPS sensor? because i do....

3~ on the back side of the SI Intake Mani. there is a Fast Idle controle Solenoid Valve. only the SI has, not the DX. there is the connector for that just hangin off the solonoid. and in all the instructions for this swap it never mentons this. is that cuz i jsut dont conect it in the swap?

I would realy aprechate any help i can get for this. im kinda realy stuck. thanks alot guys.
Tyler

Originally posted by CRseX84@Apr 8 2004, 07:02 PM
hey guys. i just threw in a 90 si head on my 91 dx crx block (my dx head was shot), and i have 3 things i cant figure out..

1~ im connecting the connectors back on the head/Intake Mani., now on the DX harness, i have this 1 connector i dont know where it goes. it has 2 wires :Black/Yellow and anouther wire that is Blue/Yellow. the connector itself if green. if someone could pleassse tel me where that goes id be very greatfull.

2~ any one else who has done this swap, did they also have to extend the TPS sensor? because i do....

3~ on the back side of the SI Intake Mani. there is a Fast Idle controle Solenoid Valve. only the SI has, not the DX. there is the connector for that just hangin off the solonoid. and in all the instructions for this swap it never mentons this. is that cuz i jsut dont conect it in the swap?

I would realy aprechate any help i can get for this. im kinda realy stuck. thanks alot guys.
Tyler

You need a resistor box to wire up the fuel injectors. I believe the tps has to be extended, and the wires might have to be reverse, I did this over 2 years ago so I forgot all the details. 3. I don't remember. Look for a dpfi to mpfi swap. The info is out there. www.google.com

i have a resistor box, i have wired up all the injectors, i was about to reverse the wires to the TPS but i couldnt cuz the wires didnt reach... thanks for the attempt.
Tyler

attempt? Well I am 95% sure the two yellow black wires go to the resistor and the two wires that have the brown and green connectors get connected to the injector plugs. the other two injectors get the wires from the new wires you run at the ecu. Do your research, everything is out there on how to do it with diagrams. I did my swap no problem in 2 hours for the wiring.
Also you have to extned those wires and I am pretty sure you have to reverse the wires for the tps to work right.

yea i never said u were wrong at all man. i just said attempt, cuz it didnt help me any. i already have the info for the whole rewirring. but i just dont know where the exsisting connectors plug in. i seem to have 1 connector left over and i cant find where its goin. iv found out about the TPS sensor, and the fast idle controle. my last delma is the mistery connector. thanks man.
Tyler

switch the green and yellow wires on the tps.. and extend em to reach..

the blue/yel and black/yel plug goes to the 2 prong sensor on the back of the intake manifold near the throttlebody

red/wht(yel?), grn/wht plug goes to the iac sensor on the #1 cyl runner..

the plug that hangs off is for your fast idle blah blah.. whatever it is it's only on 91 si intake manifolds as far as ive seen.. and the 2wire plug with orange and black/yel which used to be for the tandem valve on the dx will go to that now.. but only if you have a 91 si computer.. if you dont.. then as far as i know you dont need it..

one or two of those may need to be extended but thats it..

--truent

>>hey man u replied to my post, earler, u were talkn bout the fast idle controle >>soloniod, how i only need to plug it into the orange and black connector if i >>have a SI computer? well i dont have a SI computer, so do i just let both of >>those hang? i am seeing no where for the orange and black connector to go. if >>u could help me out thad be great.

what computer are you going to run then?

the plug with the orange and black wires.. you would have to cut.. and splice a different type of connector on there to fit into the fast idle sensor thingie.. i dont mean that it would plug into that directly sorry if i didnt make that clear

if you didnt run a computer that looked for the fast idle deal.. then you wouldnt need to plug it in, and yes you could just let em hang.. or tape em up.. whatevah..

aim:gettruent if you need help

--truent

dx-to-sib.gif

Back