Need help with my 93 EG.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KINGOFCAL

I love my EG
Hey whats up people I have a D15B non vtec in a 93 EG VX body. Lately I had to change the slave cylinder for the reason that it was making so much noise when I pushed in the clutch pedal. Before I changed the slave cylinder my clutch was slightly slipping in 3rd gear, and I have read around that if your slave cylinder isn't working properly it could cause your clutch to not fully engage and slip. I test drove it after the install and it worked perfectly. It has a new clutch of about 2000 miles at most on it. This isnt what my question is about just wanted to let you guys know whats going on. But I have filled up the gas tank to full and drove my car as a daily drive to see how many mpg I am getting. I came to empty on about 225miles. So my question is what may be causing me to get such low gas mileage. My tires are shi t. I have new tires on the way but will tires really effect the mileage by that much? I haven't done a good tune up on the car. I have had to replace the head cover gasket for the reason that it was leaking tremendous amounts of oil in the spark plugs. I cleared all that oil out too. My spark plug wires are crap too. I am running new oil (Mobile 1). Besides that what else could cause my bad gas mileage? Here's another question as well as you can see I need a lot of help. Every time I take off ,meaning I slam my foot down on the gas, there is this smell that some have said to be my transmission going out? I don't think its my clutch since its new. Any recommendations as far as a good internal engine cleaner as well? Ive heard of Seafoam and Zmax.

Can someone also send me a DIY write up of how to adjust your timming back to perfection? Or if you have any video links that would be extremely helpful.

Seafoam works pretty well. As far as the smell is a rotten egg or different smell? If its rotten eggs its your converter if its not maybe clutch but hard to tell off of words and not actual smell. As far as timing goes here was a response on h-t. need help with jdm d15b timing - Honda-Tech. Should help out. Bad mileage? Just do a normal tune up, plugs, wires and what not.

Back