Need Help with something on car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Legia22

Alright, so today i was driving my car around and stopped to drop off a book to get money back. Well when i came back outside to start my car, the car would turnover but not fire at all.. It has fuel which i can smell, and i replaced the distributor cap, the rotar, and coil. I already teseted to see if the coil gets power and it does.

I still not get any sparks from the coil, or the spark plug wires. Anyone know what the problem could be?

The car is a 94 honda Del Sol, with a a B16A DOHC V-TEC engine in it.

The eingine still cranks over, so it can't be the timing belt, it just won't ignite. It has to be electrical somewhere

The eingine still cranks over, so it can't be the timing belt, it just won't ignite. It has to be electrical somewhere
lol the motor will still turn over with no timing belt

So, other than the timing belt? What else could it be? Could it be the ECU chip, the gas pump, or a blown circut?

Opps messed up on the reply up top, the coil its self does not produce any sparks of any type for do the spark plug wirse, but the wires running to the coil is generating voltage

well you said its getting gas so it cant be the pump,so the things i would check would be the timing belt,then i would check the ecu, then i would try a new distributor

just see if you get compression....you dont have to do anything but remove 1 spark plug then, and it will verify that your timing belt is ok or not.

So could there be a problem with the dizzy at all, even though i can get power to it? I mean its not the fuel pump or anything...and its kinda odd for a car just to all the sudden stop working after 5 minutes of being turned off

well did you ever check the belt. here's a easy was take the distributor cap off and have someone turn over the motor and see if the button spins

So could there be a problem with the dizzy at all, even though i can get power to it? I mean its not the fuel pump or anything...and its kinda odd for a car just to all the sudden stop working after 5 minutes of being turned off

My GF stalled her Ex Coupe on the Highway 1 day and the dizzy died, it can happen in a min! LMAO

good chance its your dizzy. try switching it with another one just to verify.

Back