need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2naboy

Ok so I just finished building my d16 hybrid and this is what I did; Port polish a y8 head and milled the the head, and put in zc pm7 pistons on a z6 block. The car is a 94 hatchback

So after putting everything back together, I turned the engine and it starts and iddles for about 30 seconds then it spurters and dies out. Ever since, I have tried to start it again but it just cranks and wont turn over. I've checked for spark, and fuel it seems that there is spark and that fuel is geting pumped at least to the regulator. I havent checked the injectors because I did not mess with it at all. I checked all the wiring and made sure all the plugs were in the right places and checked all the fuses and non of them is out also the ecu light is not on but I checked for codes anyway and it showed 22 which is vtec selenoid. I wouldn't think that's enough to prevent the engine from starting but I checked it anyway and the plugs were fine. The thing that botheres me is that it started fine and idled but then it died and ever since has not started at all.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any advice, please help.

If you are sure your timing is right, and you have spark, then it has to be a fuel issue. I would check your injectors since you have not done that yet.

Ok so I checked the injectors and sure enough the one thing I did not check happens to be the problem but next question is what the hell is the solution. I took out all the injectors still attached to the fuel rail and cranked the engine and nothing came out of the injectors. But my problem is that I cant trace the problem. I tried moving the ground to different locations but to no avail and since there is no fuse to check for that, I looked at the main really, I even opened it up and it seemed fine unless there is more that meets the eye. I'm losing my fucking mind over this so if someone could make any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

Which harness did you use? I am guessing your Z6's? Did you use the injectors from the Z6, or did you use the Y8's? Did you do any other wiring modifications?

I used the wiring of my z6 which has worked fine with the y8 head that I had on before I put in the pistons and the injectors are from the z6 and no I did not do any other wiring mods. i thing something burned out somewhere because when I originally started the car, I had some of my grounds at the wrong location and got a spark which I thought fried somthing but when the engine started fine, I discountd that but now I cant figure out what it is. I keep hearing something about the injectors resistor, I dont mean to sound like a newbee but where is this located at.

Back