Need Ideas For My Zc

What should i do to my zc for more power?

• Rebuild

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some sort of head work

• All of the above

• You have better i

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

Im just having a hard time deciding what to do to the motor for more power!

I have upgraded the exhaust, header, air intake with hood scoop for cold air, ECU and I think I'm running low 15's which is nothing to brag about but it's decent. You can also do the cams but they can get pricey and are hard to find for a ZC. I would suggest if anything go Turbo. I wouldn't bother rebuilding the engine unless it's in rough shape and it needs it. If you got money to blow, I would look into a B16A, it's got more potential.

Well it is in a 1989 crx hf!
Im looking to go with a 75 shot i dont want a turbo. And i have had 2 b16 crxs and was happy with them, but i want to go with this try something different! thanks

I would go with the 75 shot cuz it'll give you the most for your buck but be sure to build it so it'll handle the nitrous without blowing up too soon.

what have you done to your car so far? go with cams, pistons, p'n'p etc. How 'bout swapping in a bigger motor?

once again....if you DONT live in cali or any other communist state that does smog checks....

get some weber carbs, and run a wild cam. then turbo it.

Originally posted by karnash@Feb 27 2003, 10:40 PM
once again....if you DONT live in cali or any other communist state that does smog checks....

how does that make california a communist state????

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Feb 28 2003, 01:43 AM-->
@Feb 27 2003, 10:40 PM

how does that make california a communist state????

it makes it a communist state for the simple fact that we have no say in how our smog laws
are enacted.....Some beuracratic (i kant speel very weel) cocksucker in the state capitol, who is
probably related to hitler, if not the fuhrer himself, made these shitty ass smog laws bowing to
pressure from some tree-hugging hippie enviromentalists. i hate fucking hippies

Have you ever been in a helicopter ride or a plane flying just over the clouds of LA and can see down? Its one huge fucking smog cloud. All of them laws are in affect so you can breath better. I know it sucks for performance enthusiasts, but if enthusiasts left Cali in search for "lesser" laws, then the companies would move and Cali would lose moeny and maybe reconsider it. I say its a good thing for 2 reasons.. 1) I want to breath when i go on vacation and 2) b/c i dont live there and have to put with them (sucks for you :lol:)

Originally posted by karnash@Feb 28 2003, 09:16 PM
it makes it a communist state for the simple fact that we have no say in how our smog laws
are enacted.....Some beuracratic (i kant speel very weel) cocksucker in the state capitol, who is
probably related to hitler, if not the fuhrer himself, made these shitty ass smog laws bowing to
pressure from some tree-hugging hippie enviromentalists. i hate fucking hippies

I still do not see what is still "communist" about it. You mentioned nothing about communism, or the ideals that communism is based on. And before you make insulting comments about people at least try and educate yourself on a subject.
And there are so many performace parts that allow you to make a fast car in california. You just need to find the ones wiht CARB #s. so what if you sacrifice a few HP per item, you swear 5 HP means anything. At least the air quality is better than it used to be, it was way worse.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Mar 1 2003, 01:22 AM-->
@Feb 28 2003, 09:16 PM

pressure from some tree-hugging hippie enviromentalists.  i hate fucking hippies

I still do not see what is still "communist" about it. You mentioned nothing about communism, or the ideals that communism is based on. And before you make insulting comments about people at least try and educate yourself on a subject.
And there are so many performace parts that allow you to make a fast car in california. You just need to find the ones wiht CARB #s. so what if you sacrifice a few HP per item, you swear 5 HP means anything. At least the air quality is better than it used to be, it was way worse.

ummm, im a first year law student, so i think that pretty much qualifies me as "educated"......
.....and as for the whole "communist" thing, i was alluding to the fact that the state decides
what we can and cant have in terms of smog laws, (i.e. No proposed regulations
and/or laws are placed before the voters before they are enacted)
WHICH constitutes in MY mind actions reminiscent
of our good russian friends from the east.
i TRUELY apologize if i have offended you and your patriotic ethos.

So if we have nothing better to do than nitpick a euphenism
which was chosen in favor over harsher launguage,
i really suggest you go find something else to put in your
mouth to keep it from running so much....

and if you need any help on that lemme know....
ill hook you up fat ;)

oh and one more thing, i think we should brush up on
the concept of sarcasm, seeing as we take everything we
hear literally.... is this a problem we have in our personal life as well?

oh and one more thing, i live two blocks from the beach
and get a great southern california breeze that blows daily in off the ocean and
sends the smog and whatnot to our friendly inner-city neighbors.

so, no. i do not
breathe the crap that you
see when you fly in your helicopter
above la. :D

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 1 2003, 03:13 PM
oh and one more thing, i live two blocks from the beach
and get a great southern california breeze that blows daily in off the ocean and
sends the smog and whatnot to our friendly inner-city neighbors.

so, no. i do not
breathe the crap that you
see when you fly in your helicopter
above la. :D

and you do not find that phucked up at all... There are so many voted on air quality laws and regulations. When CARB was created enough people had died from industrial smog.
Here is even a list of all the things that have happened that make a smog check required:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/html/brochure/history.htm
Just because you live in your upper class orange county neighborhood, does not mean that people living inland and in the cities have to get sick and breath unnessicary garbage. So what if we are required to have cats that take away 1-2 horsepower, and so what if we have little shit for emissions controls, life in california would suck with out all that shit.

no i honestly dont find that fucked up at all.

too many people are now in california and half of them are
presently of the "south of the border" persuation. (check census data
for california population statistics to back that up since you are into
evidence and statistics)

industrial and commercial regulations aside, the simple fact is
that there are too many people in Ca. (the smog regulations from these
and other industries are allready highly regulated.) now all we need to work on
is getting rid of the 999999 billion assholes who just moved to (or
crossed over the border into) cali in the past 10 years.

and ummm NO, i live in palos verdes. you
couldn't pay me to live in o.c.
That county has gone so far downhill.....
ill just leave it at that.

and believe me, i cant wait untill i graduate
so that i may leave the uncultured land
of quakes and flakes....

oh ya, and p.s. to the guy who originally started this topic...

turbo ur zc dude. mine was n/a and was running solid 13's on it.
altho i kinda wished i had turboed it.
so get a turbo so i can live vicariously thru some of your kill stories....

:huh: U 2 girlz are obviously PMSing. My suggestion: Put on your I LOVE OPRAH APRONS and Take your pink panties and gently place them on the ironing board. Then iron them repeatedly until they are fully out of a wad. Good luck ladies.

Originally posted by *The Honest Mechanic*@Mar 1 2003, 09:13 PM
:huh: U 2 girlz are obviously PMSing. My suggestion: Put on your I LOVE OPRAH APRONS and Take your pink panties and gently place them on the ironing board. Then iron them repeatedly until they are fully out of a wad. Good luck ladies.

awww how cute. "honest mechanic" wants to talk shit.
from the sounds of your intelligent post, i would like to venture
a guess that your alma mater was harvard? yale?

its cool dude, attack my masculinity if it compensates
for your lack thereof, and makes you feel more
like a man. hey before i forget, a few weeks ago
when i brought my car in for you to work on it, i met your
parents.

They sure were a swell bunch of guys.....

can you two do this fight soemplaceelse, cause it has nothing to do with ideas for my zc! thanks

Originally posted by crxracing77@Mar 1 2003, 11:35 PM
can you two do this fight soemplaceelse, cause it has nothing to do with ideas for my zc! thanks

What fight?

Jackson racing makes a supercharger. I think that would be pretty phat if you sprayed a supercharged ZC.
Why do you want to downgrade from b16 to zc anyway? Why dont you go up to like a b18c or something?

Back