Need List Of Parts To Do A Mini Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey can someone give me a list of parts to do the mini me swap so i can get my girls hatchback running thanks

Originally posted by type_r_hatch@Jan 27 2003, 07:46 PM
hey can someone give me a list of parts to do the mini me swap so i can get my girls hatchback running thanks

I did this today,go to search and type in mini me,you will get a website worth of threads :D

Hey i just got done with my mini me swap.
1. d16z6 complete head
2. d16z6 intake manifold (or use your existing one so you dont have to rewire)
3.92-95 civic SI timing belt
4. 92-95 civic ex/si plug wires
5. d16z6 distributer or d16a6 (works with light modification)
6. PM6 ECU or P28 ECU
7.d16z6 head gasket,exhaust manifold gasket,intake manifold gasket and (valve cover gasket<--not required)
8 a way to activate vtec if you arnt using a vtec ecu (switch or rpm activated switch)
I am pretty sure that is everything.

can you use a civic vx block? or would you not want to.

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 30 2003, 06:16 PM
how much hp does a mini me make

Depends on the block and head and the combination of parts inside.It isn't a factory motor that you can just pull specs on from your ass.

yes... thats what a mini-me is (a SOHC VTEC head on a SOHC non-VTEC block)
this usually is good for 110-140 hp depending on the build... in a perfect world with the right parts you can get 160hp out of it

the dist. depends on which ecu u use if u sue the obd1 ecu u have to use the obd1 dist and if u use the obd0 ecu u need to use the obd0 dist i did this a while ago but i didnt like it so i went with the complete d16z6 it was less of a pain all i had to do was swap the motors and thats it....

so the 1.6 head will go onto a 1.5 block if that is so why cant i put a dohc zc head onto my 1.5 block

who said u couldnt put the zc head on the d15? my firend did on a d16 which is the same but he had to do a couple of mods so i know it is possible u just have to use older prelude parts on some ish but i rather just clap a vtec head and not mod much ish....but then again just swap in the whole motor its less of a hassle...

yea what about putting a d15b head that would be a good swap too right?

Originally posted by hatchboy@Jan 27 2003, 02:27 PM
Hey i just got done with my mini me swap.
1. d16z6 complete head

hey hatchboy, did you use your modified Z6 head you were selling or a different one? If so, how does it pull?

dude u can mount the zc head on ANY "D" series block u just have to get different timmng belts and ish like that what my frined did that was stong as hell was a d16z6 head on a zc block...that motor was solid and banged gears like no other d series....

Back