Need setup advice... going turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
i have decided to ditch the supercharger since we still cant get it to make good power on 10 psi. im just not satisfied with 250whp.

new goal is to put together a turbo kit and aim for 400whp. dont care about AC compatibility, just want a legit setup that will spool fairly quick. was looking at the various trim sizes of t3/t4 turbos but im not exactly sure which one i want or need.

also, i have seen a lot of people use the victorX intake manifold for turbo, i assume this is the best for me?

any other advice about what wastegate, blowoff valve, intercooler, etc etc is appreciated :)

Personally I'd pick up a quality pre-made kit from Peakboost or Full Race. They are setup with all top notch stuff.

well, ive been doing tons of research and have figured out most of the things i need to get. I came across an incredible deal on a master power t3/t4 turbo, fabworks ramhorn manifold, and Precision IC... but i need everything else still. It seems that a Tial wastegate and BOV are the standard so im looking for those.

what im really not sure about is setting up the oil lines, and also how do i go about getting a downpipe that will fit right?

-3an feed, -10an return are the standard for oil lines.
stan has a easy kit:
Complete Oil Line Kit - Fast-Turbo.com

downpipe should come from your manifold maker who knows about your turbo. otherwise, it will be off.... which is why its best to get a full mani/turbo/dp and even wg dump tube from the same place if possible, like full race, etc.

i pieced together a kit, and ill just say this:
if i had to do it again, id buy one already pieced together.

if youre looking to save some cash you can go this route:
full race/ peakboost for the manifold, downpipe, and dumptube
ebay and get the wastegate, turbocharger, bov, intercooler, and piping of your choice.

auto parts store for all the vacuum line, misc tees and shit you need
fastturbo for the oil line setup, i have one on my car and i really wouldnt go with anyone else
and id also recommend a moroso pan. not only is it baffled to keep the oil from sloshing around, but it is pre tapped for a drain and an oil temp sensor.

im pretty happy with synapse's stuff (have their wastegate and bov), definitely go with a 3" exhaust if you dont have it already.

victor x yielded me another 15whp with a tune on the same boost setting.

i suggest this turbo all the damn time... a BB 60-1 would be ideal for your goal. expensive yes, but it will be one of the few turbos that will be able to produce a supercharger-like response and still be able to hold up in the higher rpms.

you should easily make 400whp on 15-18psi with a decent tune on that engine. im struggling to make 320whp on 12 psi with my setup.. god damn ls head.

Back