Need Some Feedback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdcrew45

I am new to this site and to the import sport car world. I've been racing and driving mustangs and camaro's since i was 17, I guess cause my father has been doing it for a long time too. My friends kinda persuaded me to go to the import side and here I am. Anyway I am looking to buy a crx or civic and put in a swap motor. I've been reading about it but I'm not sure what to get. My friend has been telling me go for a crx or a civic 92-95 and put a b18c gsr motor in, but i see that they are hard to get and expensive. I've been thinking b16a with turbo but how much can I get out of a 1.6 opposed to 2.0. If I do which car should I look for civc or crx. I also want to be like a level 2 or 3 without welding. I'm a mechanic myself and doing it won't be a problem cause I have some experiance and the tools. Does anyone have a sugestion. I want to keep my bugget reasonable like 3000 for now. Please help

CRX's are great cuz they are light
Civics are light as well and much easier to swap into

the GSR engine is a 1.8 not a 2.0
if you have the money to spend get the GSR engine
you are used to driving high Tq cars i think youll want to hang yourself if your running the B16 (no Tq)
3000 isnt going to get you too far if your planning to swap an engine (is that including buying the car????)

another option would be to put a B18A into a 2nd gen CRX then save up for a turbo

thanks for the reply, I was wondering whats the difference between the b18c1 and the b18c5 and what will be better and easier to get.

that question really cant be answered easily
both are great engines .... the B18C5 is more expensive and is ideal for NA applications
both are pretty easy to get
the C5 has higher compression, closer gearing, more HP stock

Back