Need some opinions

What would you do?

• Sell it and get a free "new" c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiLude

I'm moving from CT to Las Vegas, NV in a couple months. As of right now, my lude does not work. I can either throw a bullshit f series in it just to get it moving so I can bring it with me, or sell it and get a free car that my parents buy for me. Once i get out to Vegas, i would get an h22 eventually. A Honda Prelude is my dream car. I've wanted one ever since i was a little kid. Now I own one, and it doesn't work. Is it worth the trouble to fix it? And the motor is done, so I need a new one.

Fuck no it isn't.

Its in no way a sports car or anything amazing. Its still FWD, heavy, and a glorified civic.

Sell that shit as fast as you can.

what year is the prelude? what trim? whats wrong with it? How much do you want? where in CT are you?

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 11 2005, 09:27 AM
what year is the prelude? what trim? whats wrong with it? How much do you want? where in CT are you?
[post=511069]Quoted post[/post]​

93 Si, interior is in tremendous condition, exterior is pretty good, has the classic honda cancer on the rear wheel wells, needs new front bumper, last time the key was turned, all we heard was KLANK KLANK KLANK KLANK. So, you can either get a new motor, or try to fix it for about the same amount of money. I'm in Stamford. umm, i'll have to get back to you on a price, bc i am not too sure what i'm gonna do yet. if someone can tell me how to post a pic, i have one. i read the "how do i post a pic" in the FAQ's, and that still didnt help me. call me an asshole if you want, but i got really confused, the step by step pics were helpful until the second pic.

ASSHOLE!

well i say fuck what everyone esle says and give me the bitch.
get this everyone. i work with him and hes like yo imma sell you my car and now hes like i wanna bring it. i should make a poll and see who wants me to kick you in the nuts. tool

its nut kickin time. sell it, dont bring it with you. And its not a sports car, i dont care if honda put SPORTS FUCKING CAR on the back of it, it isnt...get over it. Sell the damn thing cuz lord knows that youll just run into more problems and more money if you decide to bring it with you and get a motor swap.

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 11 2005, 09:58 AM
Its in no way a sports car
hey dill hole si stands for sport injection. only the sporty models got that name. hhmmmmmmm explain that one

edit:
and a glorified civic
glorified accord what?
[post=511077]Quoted post[/post]​

All Phyre, not me. But how the fuck is it not a sports car. its premium gas only!!!!! what non sports car says premium only? its not an econo car like a civic, its not a sedan. would you consider a del sol a sports car?

Also, when/if my parents get me a car, i have no say in what i get, forgot to mention that. knowing my parents i'll be stuck with a fuckin 4dr boat.

I have a 4 door now, but I have a "SPORT" sedan :D. Audi A4. jk btw

Seriously though, I would sell it and try to convince your parents in getting you something you'd want.

Personally I like some 4 doors, I actually looked for a 4 door the last few times I went car happy.

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 11 2005, 09:58 AM
hey dill hole si stands for sport injection. only the sporty models got that name. hhmmmmmmm explain that one

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sell that shit.

All Phyre, not me. But how the fuck is it not a sports car. its premium gas only!!!!! what non sports car says premium only? its not an econo car like a civic, its not a sedan. would you consider a del sol a sports car?

Are you mentally retarded?

Because Honda put Si in the name doesn't make the car a sports performing worthy car. I would not consider a Civic Si a sports car, although the manufacturer and some may, it really doesn't fit the dynamics of a sports car. A sports car is something that really isn't a commuter car, its not comfortable, its not plushed out, its performance oriented and thats its primary intended use, atleast in my eyes...

A Jetta 1.8t/Audi 1.8t take premium gas only, along with pretty much any stock turbo car to prevent it from detonating. The gas the car takes does not make it a sports car. Luxury cars take premium gas, they're not sports cars.

It is an econo car, a glorified one at that.

No I wouldn't consider a del sol a sports car because guess what, its a "Civic Del Sol". A civic is an econo commuter car, not a sports car. ...and I owned a del sol.

You're driving an underpowered heavy front wheel drive car that handles like a brick and you're going to consider it a sports car? You might as well compare the car to 1960-1970ish muscle car area cars because its specs are right in the same class as those cars, not a modern 'sports car'. The accord v6 would put a hurting on your 'sports car' in stock form, along with a Nissan altima. Those things are sport beasts, let me tell you.

Porsche
WRX
Evo
s4
trans am
mustang
camaro
nsx
ferrari
lamb
viper
etc., etc.

You see any front wheel drive, underpowered cars in a reputable 'sports class'.

Don't cry because I called the car what it is, an overpriced piece of garbage. They may hold value well but there's nothing special about the car. You can buy a GSR for a lesser price that outperforms the prelude.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 11 2005, 02:25 PM
Are you mentally retarded?

Don't cry because I called the car what it is
[post=511158]Quoted post[/post]​

How about you go fuck yourself!!! was i rude to you? NO!! dont be an asshole. and by the way, you never answered my initial question.

photo-38821.jpg

Originally posted by SiLude+Jun 11 2005, 08:38 AM-->
@Jun 11 2005, 09:58 AM

edit:
and a glorified civic
glorified accord what?
[post=511077]Quoted post[/post]​

Also, when/if my parents get me a car, i have no say in what i get, forgot to mention that. knowing my parents i'll be stuck with a fuckin 4dr boat.
[post=511088]Quoted post[/post]​

My Q45 takes premium only, and it's a 5500 lb 4-door sedan.

With a DOHC V8. :p

Look man, i get my lude back Monday (for sure THANK GOD!!). I just had an H22 dropped into it, and ill let you know what the difference is between the H23 and H22 in the lude and tell you if its worth the swap.

Im starting to get a lil skeptical cause i spanked a 5th Gen lude through third gear last night, and i was driving a 93 protege.

I think itll be cool if you just swap the engine, get over your ignition and VTEC problem and youll be good to go.

I think you should keep the lude. I love mine...I dont care if people think it is a glorified civic, its still got its glory and ill take it.

EDIT

Thats also the wrong attitude to have towards someone looking for advice. If you wanted to give advice you could have said:

"Id go for a EG with a GSR rather than have your Prelude fixed. The EG will probably cost you about 3k (if that) bone stock, and then the new engine. If you live in Dallas-FortWorth intercrew will do the entire swap for you."

I agree the prelude is not the fastest car, but with the right kind of love, your baby can come to life.

what about the del sol made in 96-97 the droped the civic name and gained a second cam and about 35hp. not a sports car?

You're driving an underpowered heavy front wheel drive car that handles like a brick and you're going to consider it a sports car? You might as well compare the car to 1960-1970ish muscle car area cars because its specs are right in the same class as those cars, not a modern 'sports car'. The accord v6 would put a hurting on your 'sports car' in stock form, along with a Nissan altima. Those things are sport beasts, let me tell you.

you know you listed muscle cars in your list of sports cars right? and why cant it be a comuter? your late to work every day and need the speed to get to and from work EVERYDAY.

so you def of sports car is an uncomfortable speed demond that handles well.
uummk then how is the altima in your eyes a sport beast. one of my gurls got it because it was big and comfy.

take this list of cars:
camery
escape
crv
prelude
malibu
galant
cavlier
pick out the sports car. id say its the lude. now if i were to add a ferrari and porsche id understand y you wouldnt pick the lude just because the others are the obviouse. but in the whole spectrum of cars its def a sports car.

o yeah id say if the people that made it call it a sports model id say they know best.
so id say your eyes suck

2 things real quick.

#1 he was being sarcastic about the altima and accord

#2 he listed NSX...underpowered sports car. Stock 93 Supra would own that shit.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 11 2005, 03:37 PM

#2 he listed NSX...underpowered sports car. Stock 93 Supra would own that shit.
[post=511176]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm no it wouldnt.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 11 2005, 02:25 PM

Porsche
WRX
Evo
s4
trans am
mustang
camaro
nsx
ferrari
lamb
viper
etc., etc.

You see any front wheel drive, underpowered cars in a reputable 'sports class'.

[post=511158]Quoted post[/post]​

You put transam, mustang and camero...but no corvette!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a shit about what is a sports car at what isnt so i'm going to answer your question but first starting with a question:

What the fuck is wrong with you?! you have the option to get a newer car for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you like the prelude so fucking much, just ask your parents to get you a 96+ prelude so you can have that damn H22 you've been dreaming about along with the car you've been dreaming about. You get power steering and AC. Best of all, everything is free courtesy of your parents. So it should be a no brainer!

Back