Need someone familiar with electronics; Bergy, Cal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Alright this is concerning stepping up injector voltage in order to run saturated injectors in peak-and-hold "mode".

Run down of the setup:
-Megasquirt-III/MS3X(when it comes out), or Vi-PEC if they support Flex Fuel in time
-E85/Flex fuel
-ITB; Staged injection; 290cc/410cc Denso Injectors(CBR/RDX) running around 60psi.
-Dry nitrous fuel comp. through primary injectors; on only when secondaries are fully online.

And, my itemized questions:
-I'm thinking, would it be safe to run sat. injectors at around 60v?
-I know this will caused increased heat; but would the heat generated be easily dissipated by the fuel and could the heated fuel be beneficial(ie: the "200mpg carburetor" theory)?
-Also, would it be beneficial to run the injectors in PnH mode; increasing response time?
-Would this help out as far as the staged injection goes(even though there's blending, maybe reduced lag-time between switching)?
-What about running the primaries(290cc) injectors at a lower voltage(~24v) to reduce heat since they don't see as much fuel flow/duty?
-Can the transistors in typical PnH circuit handle the voltage and current(2N6044, LM1949 controller)? Should I upgrade?

Edit: Can a mod please add "Injector V mod" at the beginning of the title? Thanks

Last edited:
Back