Neuspeed/Koni Yellow or Bilstein HD?

Of the two, which would be better for AutoX type applications?

• Bilstein

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

radnulb

Koni yellows rule... I have a set on my 87 Si, and they are so far above anything else I've rode on...

Then again, I haven't done my homework on the Bilstein HDs. Consensus among the crx.honda-perf.org board is that the bilstein self-adjusting shocks make for a really nice ride for a street car. You're looking for an autocross car however...

And as for Teins, they're overpriced garbage IMHO.
The next step up from a well-matched front/rear springrate combo with Koni Yellows is either an H+R coilover integrated damper set, a Ohlins coilover integrated damper set, the Apexi N1 dampers or a set of Koni custom built coilovers. Teins are not all that - was NOT impressed with either ride quality or handling in the cars I've ridden in using them.

Oh yeah, don't forget a decent swaybar too. I'm quite happy with the ST rear on my 91 CRX, but I wish I had Konis instead of AGXs along with the integra-rate ground controls. :(

Hope that helps.

no doubt koni yellows are awsome you should just get them revaulved and you will be fine! that way they can set them at the tipe of driving you do!

trust me you will like them ive had mine for a while and i love them!

at all depends on what you are wanting to do with the car!

josefcivic, you're right. Revalved/shortened koni yellows tailored to suit what you will be using them for definately be a step up from "shelf" koni yellows, and definately be cheaper than a set of bling-spec dampers.

Also, I've heard mumblings that the (???) 86-89 accord front shocks can be used on the EF chassis, and are a big improvement for lowered cars because they are designed for a car with less suspension travel. I'd look into this and see what you can figure out because every milimeter of suspension travel you can get will be your friend in an autocross.

The HD's are designed for a stock ride height. They are stiffer however, and can handle higher than stock shock spring rates.

The Bilstein Sports are on the same level as koni yellows, however you would have to use ITR LCA's in the rear.

Just my two cents:

I purchased Neuspeed Sport springs and KYB AGXs. They lower the car to a nice stance, not too low. On the "1" setting it makes a nice firm street suspenstion. nothing Bone-jarring. But you can dial them up for spirited driving. "4" being the highest setting is too tough for daily driving but sure is stable in the twisties. I usually go 3/3 when playing in the corners.

Great stuff, not too expensive and well worth the money. Something to think about.

P.S. for the 92-95 civics, all of the adjusters are located on top of the shock tower, not under the car, so you can pull over, pop the hood and hatch, redial the shocks, and be going back down the road in 45 seconds. I've timed it.

p.s.s. the "neuspeed" koni yellows are different than the normal ones. Just a FYI. Also, they have adjustable ride height which is a nice bonus!

Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks dude but uh...two year old topic 'n' stuff. :laugh:

omg, once in a while I stumble upon some thread in a random search and reply to it., the dates arent blazingly obvious enough.

b? can we get some 3" flashing neon date stamps on threads two weeks old or better? that would rock.

Back