NEW Gallery System

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
The old one is defunct.

If you want any of your old pictures, you have until Aug 10th to save, and re-upload them.
Sorry, but its the only way.

you can grab them by going here:
NO MORE! ITS GONE!

right click the pic, save to your computer.
re-name if desired.

Its going to cause a lot of broken images.... sucks, but its the only way.

If you have pics from an album in an article, etc, don't worry about it. I am going to manually save them all, and add them as attachments to the post. just DON'T DELETE them until i do so... in fact, there is no need to delete anything. I will blow out the whole /gallery directory when time comes.

the new gallery is a module built into this forum software. The link to it is in the upper right hand corner.

For now, permissions are pretty liberal, but they will be changing once i have time to set everythign up.

Last edited by a moderator:
eventually, this will be able to hold movies as well.

if you aren't sure how to use something, play with it, then ask.

all uploads are done through your Control Panel.

so head there, and you'll see the menu on the left hand side for the gallery

https://hondaswap.com/ is a direct link.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, im in the process of moving the old gallery pics to the new one. there is a category called old images or something like that that I just made. this is going to take a while, as its like 1.2 GB of pics... but soon enough, all the images will be in that directory. from there, you, if you are a GALLERY USER (over 50 posts, regualr members have no gallery access... you must have 50 posts and that will make you a gallery user), you will be able to move images into your own personal album that you create via your CP

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jul 26 2004, 10:38 PM
is there going to be a size limit for pics and movies?
[post=368426]Quoted post[/post]​

yes.

Everyone with 50 posts or more will have access to about 2 MB of free space for image hosting just for being an active member.

I'm still working on the details at this point, but there will be an available Paid additonal service for those who wish to purchase it for additional space and video hosting.

for example, $XXXXX/month, 50MB of space, unlimited bandwidth.

that's still late on down the road. many other things need to be worked out.

Ouch, I hope we get our internet hooked up here soon enough to DL the ones I need. Shouldn't be an issue though.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 27 2004, 08:15 AM
Ouch, I hope we get our internet hooked up here soon enough to DL the ones I need. Shouldn't be an issue though.
[post=368636]Quoted post[/post]​

if you're not on before it comes down, i'll take care of you- don't worry.

also, i will be downloaded the entire directory to my local machine anyway... so nothing will be lost.... just near impossible to find :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 27 2004, 09:25 AM
attachments are not the gallery. lol
[post=368659]Quoted post[/post]​

i know, but its an easy way to post a quick pic you wanna show so you dont have to upload it then post it :)

b, what is the address for the old public gallery? There is that one what mount pic that is a great visual aid for some.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 17 2004, 12:37 PM
yeah... i know....

no pics are gone.... just unlinkable at this point...
[post=378021]Quoted post[/post]​

ok, no big deal. I know im not that active on the site (although i DO read alot). so i guess i dont really have much room to complain (wich im not).

Originally posted by ratherbewalking+Aug 17 2004, 05:18 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 17 2004, 12:37 PM
yeah... i know....

no pics are gone....  just unlinkable at this point...
[post=378021]Quoted post[/post]​

ok, no big deal. I know im not that active on the site (although i DO read alot). so i guess i dont really have much room to complain (wich im not).
[post=378186]Quoted post[/post]​

So how do i go by posting my pics so i can sell my car can i send them to someone's email and they post them...

read the post 2 or 3 down in the forum about the old gallery.

all the pics are still there... you simply need to save them locally, and re-upload them to the new system.

Back