New guy needs some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nyceguy17

Let me first apologize for this post, I searched, but could not find the info I needed in a resonable amount of time.

And..

Hi, I am new here. I am a longtime member of superhonda.com and found this forum while looking for swap info.

Here goes:

I have a 00 Civic DX hatch with the stock D16Y7 and a 5 speed. I was thinking of getting a B18B swap from a 99+ since my state now tests your ODB plug. I know it swaps right in, and as long as I have the motor,tranny,ecu, engine harness, mounts, and axles; that should be all I need. Anything else I might be missing?

And: If I wanted to purchase a B20Z block only to build up in my sparetime, that would just bolt in as a replacement for the B18 block, correct?

I am not concerned with VTEC just yet. So Frankenstein/B20Vtec is not my intent. I am going to hit 100K soon and I would prefer to just go ahead and get a B18 swap instead of paying 300+ to get my timing belt replaced on a motor I do not want.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

yep, 99+ b18b1 should do the trick. you won't even need the harness really... use your stock one, and just scalp a couple plugs here and there.

as for the b20z, the only thing that's weird is the intake manifold... but you will have your b18b's to throw on there anyway. the z's won't clear your hood.

Yea, that weiro giraffe mofo.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2005, 03:42 PM
yep, 99+ b18b1 should do the trick. you won't even need the harness really... use your stock one, and just scalp a couple plugs here and there.

as for the b20z, the only thing that's weird is the intake manifold... but you will have your b18b's to throw on there anyway. the z's won't clear your hood.
[post=514432]Quoted post[/post]​

b20z is the short one and the b20b is the tall one. just for refrance

Back