New Member - Help Needed with H22 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

canejuicegary

I am brand spanking new member to this forum so let me first say what an honour and privilege to be here..I am 36 year old male gearhead from Jamaica who fell inlove with hondas from in the early 1980s, i have seen my dad own a string of hondas in the 80s to include a 80 accord, 82 accord, i think a 86 jazz, and a 88 accord..Naturally for me after leaving college i started on the same note,, my first car was a 88 acura integra LS 5sp hatchback, it was a dream car but kind of challenging to drive here in Jamaica because it was a LHD and we drive on the left hand side of the road, like in the UK, so it felt like driving a car from the passenger side. My next car was a 92 accord ex 5sp, LHD,, this was the last in a string of left hand drive hondas, all with manual transmissions.. Currently i own a 99 integra jdm 4 dr which came with a ZC 1.5L engine, i quickly yanked this engine and replaced it with a h22. After several mods with this h22 engine i made 228hp and 158 torque. During these mods i blew the engine twice, i realise that these numbers would be as good as it gets naturally and safely considering our aweful low octane pump gas that we have here in Jamaica. Very soon after i got tired and decided i wanted more power so i pushed the engine some more and ended up frying the pistons, i replaced the blown h22 with a b16 engine that had light mods done to its intake and exhaust and made this integra my everday street car, which now brings me to the highlight of the above mentioned babbling. I am now the proud owner of a 93 civic eg hatch and i have decided to go all out on it within my budget which is not alot. I have since fully rebuilt the h22 for boost and have installed it in this civic, the goal of this new project is to make 700 hp and 550 torque, 9 sec 1/4 mile with a two stage boost settings so that the car can be driven on the street...There are so many questions that i desperately need expert answers on that will come in subsequent post along with pics of my failed and succesful projects,forgive me for this lenghty post....

I broke this off in to it's own thread. We're happy to have you here, and look forward to those pics and updates...

thanks, i guess i am a rookie at this thing,still dont know if i understand how to use this forum!

My first question is what is the best set of coilovers can i get for about $1000.00 that is perfect for street strip,something that can handle tight corners and still mentain a comfortable ride on bumpy road surfaces.keep in mind that i have fully built h22 with a GT35R turbo with all the bells and whistle installed in this eg civic hatch so the added weight is a very serious factor.

:ph34r:
My first question is what is the best set of coilovers can i get for about $1000.00 that is perfect for street strip,something that can handle tight corners and still mentain a comfortable ride on bumpy road surfaces.keep in mind that i have fully built h22 with a GT35R turbo with all the bells and whistle installed in this eg civic hatch so the added weight is a very serious factor.
:confused:

can u recomend a good set of shocks,can the ground control slip on's fit over stock shocks...i am trying to find the slip on's u recommended for the h22 setup without success,can u direct me,,thanks.

Another quick question,what would be the best spring rate for the h22 turbo in a civic eg,am thinking 10 kg front and 6 kg rear.

can u recomend a good set of shocks,can the ground control slip on's fit over stock shocks...i am trying to find the slip on's u recommended for the h22 setup without success,can u direct me,,thanks.

KONI YELLOW SPORT SHOCK STRUT KIT HONDA CIVIC EG 92-95 - eBay (item 280646709346 end time Apr-18-11 16:16:06 PDT)

Don't know about spring rates though. Also, since no one has said it yet, make sure you resleeve that block with cast iron sleeves. Coming from a one guy who's blown up his fair share of H-series engines, to another, seeing that rod hanging out of the block is never a good feeling.

The reason H-Series motors go out so often is partially because of those sleeves or running low octane gas (which is what you mentioned earlier).

hey guys sorry to butt in but it seems like u guys have experience with h22's so maybe u can help me. what did u guys use for cv shafts? canejuicegary sorry for asking a question on ur post.

DWL..i guess we have made some costly mistakes with our quest of keeping the legacy of this awesome H engine alive, not many H fans are left out their,am not sure if we are just faithful and or stupid or hopelessly lost for sticking by the H motor when we know about what the B and K series are capable of,,mmmm, i guess i wanna be stupid cuz i love this power plant...Yes i have resleeved with a set of dartons,i am running a set of wiseco 87mm 8.5 cp ratio pistons with eagle h beam rods, i am also running acl rod bearings and king main bearings..PS i have checked your link on the konis shocks, so what kind of springs do you recommend to put on them?..( krz12 ) feel free to join in anytime,not sure if i understand your question, what i do know is that F,B and H22 vtech engines use the same size axles and cv joint especially the intermediate shaft and axle assembly,,its normally the short axle that variates in lenght but not by much,you can tell if this axle is too long because you will get excessive vibration during cornering through the drivetrain..this is my personal experience during my trial and error period.

Go with the one's E recommended. Might have to call GC as they are now missing from the website (odd timing).

Thanks,am gonna see if i can speak with a tech person from GC and see what spring rate they would recommend.....My next question is what is the most affordable single disc clutch kit that i can get that can support about 700 hp..

thanks again bro,what do you recomend for slicks,keep in mind that i upgraded my front brakes to the 96 prelude 4 lug rotors and caliper so i cant fit nothing smaller than 15 inch rim.

I almost forgot ,whats your take on the tilton flow control valve,i have some friends who are running b16,18 here in Jamaica and they started to have problems with axles,cv joint and also gearbox issues as so as they get north of 550 hp,not sure of the ft/lbs. Because am still running stock axles i have purchased a traction bar and i am now thinking about the control vavle because i have read some good reviews on it,,bottom line is, i want my car to be reliably fast.

cane... i have a kit that was purchased online. the driver side one has a lot of play at the part where it connects to intermediate shaft. also when i take fast left turns it feels like something is binding, almost like the splines arent connected and theyre grinding. it feels like it's too short so thats why i asked. i still have the one out of the stock integra. u think that would work?

Back