new monitor, w00t!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
so i ditched my old VeiwSonic A70 17" CRT monitor. it took up most of my desk and had a small screen (for me). plus everything was so dark on full brightness.

so i was walking around best buy and noticed this monitor on on clearance.

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 204B-BK Black 20.1" 5ms DVI LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 800:1 - Retail

Samsung SyncMaster 204B
20.1"
DVI and VGA inputs
5ms response
1600x1200 res
300 cd/m^2
800:1 contrast ratio

picked it up for like 300 out the door. not a bad price. i was just kind of pissed that the guy in the store told me it didnt come with a DVI cable and i buy one and open the box and low and behold theres one in there. fuckers, lol.

but this is a nice monitor, much more veiwable area, and i have much more deskspace too :) id recommend it if anyone wants a nice fairly cheap new LCD monitror

with less resolution, less contrast ratio, and poorer viewing angle... then id have to pay for shipping and wait for it. this really was a better buy. plus i dont really like the widescreen monitors if thats what youre referring to.

very nice buy. Now all you need is duals :D

widescreen owns.

i'm debating between dual 24"s 16x9's or dual 27's :D

too much money though right now, plus don't have the right vid card to support it

why dont you hook your tv up to it while youre at it? LOL.

i dunno. i dont like widescreen, it just seems like you are getting ripped on the vertical height, unless you buy a huge monitor like a 24"+, and they are too damn expensive.

I'd love to just have dual 19" widescreens, but be able to rotate them to view more of webpages, papers, etc. Widescreen is nice for video, but doesn't do shit for me when browsing.

Back