New Rig!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 2 2005, 06:38 PM
I think 500w is overkill on a basic system like that, but I guess it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I've been running fine on a 400w for a bit now, aside from some shitty memory I had, the hardware has been very cooperative.
[post=534799]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought the same thing until my computer started turning off all the time, i do have a video card that draws extra power though.

500watts is what i am running
i love mine
http://www.frozencpu.com/psu-94.html

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 2 2005, 05:02 PM-->
Originally posted by HollowJDM@Aug 3 2005, 12:47 AM
Battle Pope
@Aug 1 2005, 01:13 PM
Sounds to me like he just wants to look a balla.

Dolla sign in he eyes n' all dat sheit.
[post=534038]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
[post=534804]Quoted post[/post]​

Tim actually is a baller, no really.
[post=534812]Quoted post[/post]​

I kinda figure. But, if you ARE a balla, you gonna wanna look it.

I think it's funny that people who know very little about me try to judge me based on some post I made asking for help buying a computer. Oh well. But yeah, thanks Johnny for the backup.

And once again Endless 4 teh win!!!1 Thanks for your help. Only thing with the shuttle is, there's not much room inside the case (SFF) to put a newer video card with a giant fan thiny on it and all that jazz. It's perfect for a media pc, easy to hide and plenty fast, but I was looking to get something that would be easy to upgrade in the future, but would also be top of the line right now. I mostly play games with it, sometimes some PS or AutoCAD when I'm in the mood.

Originally posted by Outlandish_Bandit@Aug 3 2005, 05:17 AM
I think it's funny that people who know very little about me try to judge me based on some post I made asking for help buying a computer. Oh well. But yeah, thanks Johnny for the backup.
[post=535078]Quoted post[/post]​

Not judging - just noticing things. You gotta have mad cash if you already have one pretty nice machine and are spending this much on another one just because you can.

I probably would have posted more "helpful" responses, but endlesszeal kinda covered things pretty well.

Although, I am a fan of Abit boards.

Originally posted by Outlandish_Bandit@Aug 3 2005, 01:17 PM
Oh well. But yeah, thanks Johnny for the backup.

And once again Endless 4 teh win!!!1 Thanks for your help. Only thing with the shuttle is, there's not much room inside the case (SFF) to put a newer video card with a giant fan thiny on it and all that jazz. It's perfect for a media pc, easy to hide and plenty fast, but I was looking to get something that would be easy to upgrade in the future, but would also be top of the line right now. I mostly play games with it, sometimes some PS or AutoCAD when I'm in the mood.
[post=535078]Quoted post[/post]​

Always

Endless suggestions will set you on the right path hardware.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Aug 2 2005, 06:31 PM
fuck it just by an alienware and call it a day if price is no option.
[post=534821]Quoted post[/post]​

:puke2:

Originally posted by Calesta+Aug 4 2005, 11:16 AM-->
@Aug 2 2005, 06:31 PM
fuck it just by an alienware and call it a day if price is no option.
[post=534821]Quoted post[/post]​

:puke2:
[post=535623]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup, WAY overpriced IMO. The object isn't spend shit loads of cash on something you could get for less, the object is spend shit loads of cash and get something that blows anything you can buy away. You could take Alienwares best prebuilt, and up everything in it and come out spending less if you build it yourself. Thier "Ultimate Gaming System" that they sell for $4828, component wise is $2030 from Newegg, insert another $600 for a case, keyboard, mouse, PS, speakers, hell $800, that's $2830 for an "Ultimate Gaming System" eat that bitchs. I guess the extra $2000 is for the cool case, and Windows Xp...what a deal.

Hahaha, with all the hardware upgrades, not even including all the bullshit like a fucking coffee mug.... $11,466.00 (of course, this includes a monitor and keyboard/mouse)

no prob.. and if you dont like the sound of value ram in ur uber rig, i suggest getting some memory that is samsung tccd/tcc5 based. they are rated for ddr400, but many get up to ddr600 abiet with loser timings. you can get winbond bh-5s, but they require mad voltage like 3.2v. many motherboards cant handle that however yout mad speed and tight timings like 2.2.2.5.

Back