New RSX

• Thread starter rmerrell
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R

rmerrell

If I was to wreck or sell the prelude, this car is what i might look into buying.. i think you can make these cars pretty quick and look CLEEAN!!

Engines:
2.0L 160 hp I4
2.0L 200 hp I4 :eek:

Transmissions 5-Speed Automatic Overdrive
5-Speed Manual Overdrive

6-Speed Manual Overdrive
F1 :)

I think it was a good move of Acura/Honda to replace the integra with this!
I want to know yalls point of view towards the new acura rsx.. and the soon and well inticipated Type R B) coming to america this coming year.. :worthy:

Engines:
2.0L 160 hp I4
2.0L 200 hp I4

yeah but its OBD 8599938 so the ECU kills any chance of serious modification

and the "sport shifter" on the automatic is pretty much dog shit ... its just an auto that you can rev out further ... take off still sucks ass

i do like the 6 spd though ... just have to get that ECU the hell out of there
not too crazy about the look of it either but thats just my oppinion

I like the Look sure its a little big but its sexy

Are We(USA) getting a Type-R civ or teg????

and why the hell did they name ours the "RSX" instead of the integra

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Oct 2 2002, 05:45 PM

Because Americans are soooooooooo much more brand reliant than other countries out there... I think all the 'luxury' marques (Acura, Lexus, Infiniti) only exist in North America.

Engines:
2.0L 160 hp I4
2.0L 200 hp I4

yeah but its OBD 8599938 so the ECU kills any chance of serious modification

and the "sport shifter" on the automatic is pretty much dog shit ... its just an auto that you can rev out further ... take off still sucks ass

i do like the 6 spd though ... just have to get that ECU the hell out of there
not too crazy about the look of it either but thats just my oppinion
stand alone systems :D somone will make them for that vtec motor... vtec and controlling the timing on the intake cam? i think thats pretty sweet...

Yeah the ITR is comming supposedly next year to the states in the RSX form! I have seen pics and that is one sweet ass ride! Gonna be pricey though!

the R is not coming back, there was an article directly from JHM about it not being imported to the states, instead they are going to have an optional suspension package for the TYPE S along with an LSD option.

Personally a friend of mine has one. It's nice and all, but I don't see spending all that money on somthing that is so hard to mod. I can build a hatch/coupe for about half the price and it'll be faster...more easily modifiable... and better looking... all for half the price.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Oct 2 2002, 05:45 PM
I like the Look sure its a little big but its sexy

Are We(USA) getting a Type-R civ or teg????

the integra was like the last acura in the state that didn't have a name that was just letters so when they came out with the body style they chagned it rsx. they think by giving cars letter names it make people think its more a luxury car like ie: bwm m3, lexus is300 etc

it's rumored that honda dealerships are getting 'jealous' of all the company's making money on RSX mods, that they are now offering a sport kit so to say, that includes things as:lowering springs 18" rims, the typeR wing, and many others. i'll be sure to post them up when i can find where i read about it.

anyone get the new import tuner? the model looks like an alien. lmao!

the featyre car is a 310 WHP RSX :eek:

i think i got the one with yellow on the cover and that mexican chick on it

The thing that i hate about the rsx is that is is way to big. Its roof is to tall and it kinda looks to bulky. The over all look of the car is nice they should just make the thing smaller. I hate that we have Acura and Honda. I think that we should just have Honda.

i love the rsx type s... rather have the jdm version... but wouldnt we all? i think its a beautiful car, inside and out, and the engine responds VERY well to just simple mods... for instance they are known to get around 14whp out of a frickin intake alone... if only everybody was so lucky lol

i agree. too big and luxury like (aesthetically) but, its still about the sexiest car in its class, even though it looks kinda watered down. just think of its competition...lancer, eclipse, celica (made practically un-modifiable by toyota), and...dare i say it...tiburon

Back