New Shift Knob

Projekt Koncept

I recently bought an EF and it had some cheap ass shorty shifter installed. Anyways Long story short, I snapped the sexy JDM shift knob off, with the remains of the short shifter still in the threads... and it ain't coming out. So I contemplated about buing a new shifter and knob...BUT then I saw this and fell in love.

http://hometown.aol.com/robmattic/images/dsc01739.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/robmattic/images/dsc01738.jpg

It looks similar to the Mugen shift knob, but I like it better cause its just plain black and very smooth. Only thing is, I have no idea what brand/make the knob is. I emailed the owner but haven't got anything back. Anyone know what it is and where I can find one? ALSO, how do I mount the new knob, assuming I get one, without threads? Bolt it? Glue it? What?

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
lol

lets see here

you can try and rethread what remains of your short shifter but from the sounds of things i would advise you ditch that pile of shit short shifter and get a new quality one or get a stock shifter...

no idea what kind of knob that is

some shifters have three set screws instead of internal threads, that would work for you...

Projekt Koncept

Personaly I could care less about teh almight short shiter... My income can't justify a skunk2 shifter... I'm only 17 <_< Anyways, thankyou for the reply :)

92dxhatch

you can pick one up ata a local Kragens shop, where they keep all the cheep import crap. i belive its an APC short shifter, and its not black, it's a very dark green, you could buy it for a couple of buck and paint it black if you wish, good luck

civicious

FüK-VTEC
VIP
Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jan 19 2005, 12:19 PM
you can pick one up ata a local Kragens shop, where they keep all the cheep import crap. i belive its an APC short shifter, and its not black, it's a very dark green, you could buy it for a couple of buck and paint it black if you wish, good luck
[post=448036]Quoted post[/post]​

92dxhatch...While you're at Kragen's, you should pick up some JDM Kool-Ade. It's really awesome...they come in Orange and Green flavor, and come in a package something like this:

Drink up!

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
Originally posted by civicious+Jan 19 2005, 02:31 PM-->
92dxhatch
@Jan 19 2005, 12:19 PM

92dxhatch...While you're at Kragen's, you should pick up some JDM Kool-Ade. It's really awesome...they come in Orange and Green flavor, and come in a package something like this:

Drink up!
[post=448152]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

Projekt Koncept

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jan 19 2005, 01:19 PM

:worthy: You found teh knob! :worthy: Now whats this about APC... :unsure:

Projekt Koncept

Behold! Teh Shifter! :worthy:

The photo really brought out the green in it. I spose I could paint it, though you can't really tell in person. Anyways it beats holding the shifter itself. B)

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
:lmao:

My buddy snapped 3 cheap short shifters in his ef before he went out and bought the DC. Hasn't snapped in the last 3 months, and the others were going every couple weeks. THey had a warranty, so he could have cared less but it got old having to get a new knob every time.

I'd personally invest in a skunk2 combo.

92dxhatch

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 19 2005, 05:20 PM
You know way too much about APC, dude....
[post=448336]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, thats because when i first got into imports ( years ago) i didn't know better. think about it, almost evey young one that gets involved usually at one time or another looks at it and wants one not knowing better. i wasn't schooled in hondas, like some people are, i didn't have the luxury of someone telling me that apc stuff is crap. i learned the hard way. i had to teach myself about hondas, (and i'm still learning). so i apologize if i know too much, but hey, the guy ask what kind of shift knob, at least i knew what it was, i think its good to know about the crap stuff too, now i can school others and tell them that APC is crap.