New Swap Prices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok. click here swap prices from shop in so cali

look at the price for a gsr or h22a swap for a 96 civic.

are these reasonable prices? has anyone dealt with this shop b4?

does the 4200 include the engine/tranny and install?

i know, im going to call them tomorrow....

just wanted ur expert opinions first

in my humble opinion, anyone that is running a shop off a geocities webhost, aka FREE, cannt be trusted.

If they can't spend $10 at www.10-domains.com to buy their freaking shop name.com for a YEAR - 10 bucks... you cannot trust them

No, i haven't talked to B at all tonight, except me showing him that link to the 12 second turboed gsr on stock internals.

See, i said almost the same fucking thing, b/c its the truth.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Mar 18 2003, 08:54 AM
haha, the site no longer works.

It's still there,but those prices better include the car.$4500 for a GSR swap?Did I read that wrong or something?

Give Chris at hook ups a call 909-373-7223, they are in upland, they did my swap. I am very happy with it.

Originally posted by brc80@Mar 18 2003, 03:24 PM
Give Chris at hook ups a call 909-373-7223, they are in upland, they did my swap. I am very happy with it.

how much did u pay? im got a 96 ex coupe....

looking for a complete gsr swap...

and to 92v16 or whatever ur name is, what did u mean by ur last comment "that better include the car" ?

u think its too expensive?

EVERYBODY i talk to in so cali, says 4200-ish for a gsr swap complete into a 96 coupe.

so maybe prices are diff. where you guys live.

anyone in so cali know cheaper?

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 18 2003, 10:31 PM
EVERYBODY i talk to in so cali, says 4200-ish for a gsr swap complete into a 96 coupe.

The motor should cost no more than $3300 and it is a simple swap.A thousand bucks is highway robbery,I don't care where you live.People are taking advantage of the gaining popularity of swapping motors into Hondas.If the shop knows what they are doing,and has the equipment to do the swap it shouldn't take more than a few hours.That price equates to around $150-$200 an hour,Honda doesn't even charge labor like that.

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 18 2003, 01:31 PM

I talked to Chris at Hook Ups in Upland and these are the prices he gave me for swaps(price includes parts and labor):

B16(2nd gen) = $2900
GSR = $4000
B20/Vtec = $4200
H22 = $4900

I got those prices from him about a week ago. I hope this helps.

b20/vtec? 4200? jesus. thats a bomb waiting to go off.

gsr's can be had for 2800 bucks RETAIL. which means a shop can easily get them for less than that.
In bulk, a JDM gsr complete swap goes for about 700 bucks if you buy 20 of them, or something.
just know that.

one thing pissed off.....how much does the usdm gsr go for?
im trying to get it legally smogged once the swap is done.

second of all, my friend owns an import accessory shop.
do you think i can use his business license to get a discount
on an engine?

(he doesnt do swaps nor carry engines, but im allowed full access to his license)

usdm motors are harder to come by, and thus, a little more expensive. expect 3200 bucks for an average miles (60k ish) usdm obd2 gsr.

i doubt your buddy's license is going to do you any good. but hat all depends where you score your usdm motor from in the first place.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 18 2003, 10:50 PM
b20/vtec? 4200? jesus. thats a bomb waiting to go off.

gsr's can be had for 2800 bucks RETAIL. which means a shop can easily get them for less than that.
In bulk, a JDM gsr complete swap goes for about 700 bucks if you buy 20 of them, or something.
just know that.

how much does an average B20/vtec cost?

-i think the pricing for swaps varies depending on where you are. in SoCali it generally costs more to get one.

you trust yourself more when you do it yourself. save some money for counter parts.

Back