new-to-me eg hatch! opinions/advice wanted!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

idrive

hey guys! im a new member as well as a new owner of an EG hatch...

i got the car from a family friend pretty cheap but i noticed some things with it that make me wonder if the chassis is worth building...

they told me the front was in an accident and after popping the hood and taking a look... the entire front end from the engine to the bumper... seems to be shifted towards the driver-side almost an inch. I also noticed some crumpled metal and what looks like repair work behind the driver-side side marker... which could indicate the front end has been in multiple front end accidents?

the hood was crooked and wouldnt open without bending the very tip by the windshield and when i tried to straighten it up by bending the hood hinges... the hood wouldnt close properly!

I would love to build this chassis since it is an Si model with sunroof and disc brakes all around but not if it'll be cheaper to simply pick up another rolling chassis and swap all the parts over.

IMG_0777.jpg

its most obvious when you look at the where the headlights meet the hood above and how the hood lines up with the fender on each side...

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

are the front clip of all 92-95 honda civic's the same??

what do you guys think... repair the front end and keep the Si chassis? or just find a straight body and swap the parts over...

jeff

Take it to a Body shop that specializes in frame rebuilds. Any car in my mind is worth building if you put effort in it.

Back