Newbie - 91 engine in 95 chassis?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mfskarphedin

I searched here, couldn't find the info. Couldn't understand 9/10 of it. My little brain hurts. :p Here's the basic info pertaining to my question that I posted at another more-general Accord site:

"My '91 has a good engine and bad body. I had asked about the worthiness of finding and transporting a car with a good body/bad engine, swapping the engine, etc. I was told by you guys it wasn't worth it. BUT, a '95 stick has turned up locally with supposedly a good body but needs a motor.

My question now is that with a local car, is this do-able, physically? I just looked up on Wiki, and they're not the same generation.

A tow would be about 60 miles (!) No clue how much that would cost, but it sounds really expensive. Any advice ASAP, before it's sold, would be greatly appreciated!http://nh.craigslist.org/ctd/1835243755.html

It's Best Offer, too. How much would you think it's worth approx? I'm in southern NH, USA."
My car is a 1991 Honda Accord LX, 5-speed, 2.2L, 4-dr. I don't know the engine...type? number? because I don't know where to look for it. A photo would help.

I don't know if the 95's an ex, lx, dx. I can contact him, but for now I'd assume the ever-popular LX.

Here's the info I did manage to find here
:

1990-1993 F22A1 2156cc
1990-1991 F22A4 2156cc
1991-1993 F22A6 2156cc

1994-1997 EX F22B1 2156cc
1994-1997 DX/LX F22B2 2156cc

Question: is it possible any of these are swappable? I should be able to get the exact engine numbers, if there's that much of a difference. If anyone knows it's just out of the question right off the bat, I won't bother.

Thanks for any help!

Kristen

Yes, it's very possible to put the 91 engine into the 95 chassis. It's a bolt-in swap. You may need to deal with a bit of wiring, but it's not a difficult swap at all in terms of making it fit...

Back