Nick's Toyota Tacoma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
I finally pulled the trigger on a new (to me) truck. I found a 2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited. I had it shipped from Illinois. Even with shipping, it was still cheaper than buying here in Seattle. I found it for cheaper than every other Limited currently online and since I can register it in Oregon for a few months at my parents, I'll save about $3,500 in taxes.

Doing a search online there are 2000, 2016 Tacomas for sale. Of which only 157 are blue. Of that, only 18 are a "Limited". So I was pretty happy in getting the best price on a vehicle that is only 1% of the total market available. It's an automatic (I don't know why anybody would want a manual if they aren't doing rock climbing competitions) and has leather interior, sunroof (ultra rare in trucks and super awesome), 18" Toyota wheels, and a bunch of other bells and whistles. I know some people will bash because it's a "short bed". Well, I live in the city and don't need an 8 foot bed. I literally live .2 miles from Home Depot and go there about twice a week. I don't need to haul lumber since my house is pretty new.

Anyway, assuming this is going to be a 5 year keeper, I'll use this a build thread and update accordingly.
Oh yeah, TTIWWOP

Off the shipping truck at 6am. It was cold as hell. Guess which one didn't start. lol (hint: it was the Ford)
IMG_8532.JPG

Still frozen in front of the house:
IMG_8535.JPG

Before bath:
IMG_8543.JPG

After bath:
IMG_8548.JPG

Code white in Seattle!
IMG_8569.JPG

p.s. can someone rotate the first picture? idk why that happened.

I was doing my best to combine the BMW and 1969 Ford. If they had a baby, it would be that Tacoma. lol

bmw.jpg

Ford.jpg

Did you get rid of both of those?

BMW is going up for sale ASAP. The truck I inherited from my grandfather when he died back in 1999, I was still in the Air Force then. Our family is technically the second owner. I'm on the fence about keeping it. I don't have storage space for it and it's basically unusable for anything other than cruising. While sentimental, it needs full paint restoration. I've spent $3,000 in engine and transmission work in the last 3 years. It's a money suck for only using on a few short trips per year.

ship me the 330. i'll open up the bid at $500 :)

I have no idea what price to post it at. I've seen 330ci range from $4,000-$12,000. It's in great condition, so I might start it at $8,500 and hope some Asian kid here for college buys it. Drop it $500 every 2 weeks. lol

Very nice truck! Huge fan of that one and that color. Really dig it man!

looks better in orange :)
I really debated it. Many, many days I debated it. But thought 2 points. Blue is my favorite color and i've been thinking about a blue Tacoma since the 2006 came out in blue. And 2, I just thought the orange was a little too much "look at me". Normally I'm a little more subdued, but damn, the orange is awesome.

Back