nitrous advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sonazty

okay i'm getting ready to hook up the nitrous setup on my car and wanted to see if you guys thought i was missing anything.

i have the NOS nitrous kit with 10lb bottle, it's a wet setup, i have .036 nitrous jet and .026 fuel jet. 255 walbro fuel pump, inline pro fuel rail, 450cc dsm injectors with resistor box, brke 7 ngk plugs, bottle heater and purge kit and all the wiring and nitrous pressure guage. my question is, is it's a stock gsr motor, will it be okay with a 75 shot or should i just stick with the 50 shot. also do i need a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure guage or will it be okay with stock FPR and no fuel pressure guage. i looked up the jets i got and couldn't find much on them, other than i think that the .026 fuel jet might cause me to run a little rich for a 50 shot. any input and or advice is welcomed. thanks, sonazty

the rule of thumb is that you can use as much nitrous as 1/2 the stock factory hp.

with no other modifications than a really good tune, your engine will be fine with with a 75 shot. of course that is assuming your engine is in good shape before the nitrous.

Back