Nitrous Combo Breaker.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P@KO

Hi dudes, i was looking on the net for some good stuffs for my civic.

Im a great import entusiast, i have just 18 years old, so i can´t pay a lot of money for a great turbo kit as i wish, but i was looking for some good options to raise my engine´s power at a reasonable price and i found this combo.

It isn´t a combo at all, just take a look and give me your opinion:
This is the Block set up:
  • New Eagle 4340 Steel H Beam rods with ARP bolts - Set of 4
  • New JE Turbo/Nitrous Pistons with 8.0, 9.0, 9.8, 10.7, 11.5, 12.2 compression ratios available - Set of 4
  • Bore size, 81mm, 81.5, 82, 83, 84, and 85mm
  • 4 New JE wrist pins and locks
  • New JE Turbo/Nitrous ring set - Set of 4
  • Combination is good for 900 HP
  • Will handle 35 PSI of Boost and or 300 Shot of Nitrous
just for $750 dlls.

eBay Motors: Honda B16 Civic Del Sol JE Pistons Eagle Rods Nitrous (item 200080508403 end time Feb-26-07 21:12:31 PST)

Now the Nitrous kit:

Zex: EFI Wet Nitrous System - 4cyl Direct Port

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A complete "Direct Port" nitrous system. Everything is included for a safe, proper installation for $887.33[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The only 4cyl. direct port nitrous system that can be safely jetted down to 50hp. This system works great on stock engines.

• Adjustable to 200hp, perfect for fully built competition engines.

• Uses one injector nozzle per cylinder. Gives perfect nitrous and fuel distribution.

• Features easy to install, pre-made nozzle flex-lines. No hours wasted on cutting and bending hard-lines.

• Dual-stage jet technology uses one jet in the distribution block and one jet in the injector nozzle. Offers much finer tuning adjustments as well as easy HP level changes.

• Unique nozzle design has "Active Fuel Control" built in. This feature monitors bottle pressure and when the nitrous system is engaged, it adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich or too lean.

So, thinking that im putting this kit on a b16a, i was wondering if i can hit a 280 or 300 hp goal for about $1500 dlls.

Have a friend who works porting and pulishing heads, and he would make it for free.

Whats your opinion?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

howdy t@co!
well, if it were me i'd go for some ross pistons instead of the JE pistons simply because i know ross pistons will hold up 400 hp on a d series engine. the eagle rods are great if you can get them for a decent price. as for the nitros... it would be safe if jetted down to 50 to 75...i wouldn't spray much more than that. quite honestly i'd just go for a fogger system. ARP head studs are a must if you run nitros or turbo, that and i suggest a Cometic head gasket. they are cheap but they work great.
as i have gotten off the beaten path i've yet to answer your question...
is it a good deal? no
i would piece together a DIY turbo from an eclipse or talon, then go have some fun with a bit more hp all the time rather than having to go fill the nitros bottle( at $5 a pound) all the time.

Back