nopi drama has any one seen this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this is a post from david buschur on honda tech its sad because every thing that he has said is very true about the sport

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.

Well guys this is going to be a long one. Make sure you read it before you jump down my throat.
First off I have been racing now for, as much as I hate to admit it, 24 years. The entire Import Scene that started back in the late '80 and early '90's was freaking awesome. I have a ton of great memories from then. The racing scene was great. I have some videos and pictures that would make you laugh. You built a car, brought it to the track and raced it. It was fun, it was raw and it was crazy.
As time passed I built my AWD into a car that had a fuel cell, roll bar, 5 point harnesses and thought it was cool. I thought it was so cool that I built a back halfed DSM and took it to get chassis inspections and made sure it was legal, becuase then I thought I was the man with this car. I thought it was so cool I went really nuts and built a full tube chassis Eagle Talon and went through the same process again. I use to love to have it inspected at the track and IF there was in issue I'd be glad to have it taken care of. It was COOL!!
Well here I am today, I haven't competed in the "Import Racing" of today in about 5 years. I wrecked the tube chassis car, got sick of the corporate BS it took to go to the track and just quit. Until this weekend I didn't realize how bad the "Import Scene" had gotten. It is filled with a bunch of crying candy ass wimps with their panties in a bunch. Their cars are garbage and put together with crap. They all think they are Professional racers and car builders apparently. I'd value my Walmart bought riding mower higher than most of the crap I saw this weekend.
Here is what has me ticked off. We all went to NOPI this weekend. Looking to have some fun. Had no idea what any class any of our cars fit into. We did go knowing that the track officials or NOPI officials would probably kick all of our cars off the track for lack of safety equipment if they caught us. The black shop car for example has to have a parachute to legally run NOPI because if you exceed 150 mph it is mandatory you pull the chute. Well it doesn't have one and we probably aren't putting one on it, it doesn't need it, it stops fine.
My RS has no rollcage and neither does Jarrod's car, both are below the limit of needing one.
Anyway, we go through tech and ask which classes to run. They put my RS and Jarrod in Power Street and the black car in Turbo 4. They go through tech without a problem.
My car is the number 1 qualifier running a 10.15, 10.2 and 10.2. The next closest guy is 10.8. Jarrod was running 12's (as usual-haha) and then finally busted out a few 11.7's, then a few 11.4's ending with a best of 11.41@130mph on a 1.9 60foot. He was having traction issues all weekend with ALL 60' foots being 1.90-2.0. He was trying to get used to the new setup and launching the car.
Well one of these whiney little punks that were in our class went to the tech officials and whined about me not having a roll bar. I was not mad that I was being disqualified, I was mad that somone who had what they considered a "race car" but couldn't beat the car I drove to the track had to find a way to get rid of my car. Now consider the fact that my car as all the door beams, air bags, it has 8,000 miles on it, is absolutely perfect and compare that to the broken down pieces of crap that were there. These POS's that I looked at were in my opinion junk. Yes, they had a roll bar, some of the welds looked like they were done with bubble gum, they had 5 point harnesses too. But they were high mileage garbage. I can gaurantee you not as safe, stable or nearly as well put together as our cars. Who's is really safer? This worn out POS or a perfectly put together car with all the factory safety equipment? That I am sure is debateable. I can tell you I would not personally drive over half the cars in the class. Hell you'd have to pressure wash them out to get me to sit in them.
After this happened I got pissed off and decided I was going to start teching some cars and turning them in. It was a joke. No scatter shields, no driveshaft loops, illegal tires, non-certified roll cages, improperly mounted seat belts, no window nets. The list is huge. It was so huge I would venture to say any car in my class could have been thrown out for something being wrong if the cars were actually inspected like they should be for this "wannabe racer class".
It was very disapointing to me that a fellow racer would turn in another car for a "safety" issue. Now I could understand it if I was cheating by doing something that gave me a power advantage like NOS that wasn't legal, alcohol, slicks etc. To me if I choose not to have a rollbar in the car I drive my kid to school in then that is my problem and if I can slide by tech then good for me. My rollbar is not going to have any effect on someone else's safety in the class or how fast the car goes. I could put a legal bar in this car that would weight maybe 50 pounds, that won't even effect the times it runs.
The next day Jarrod was also protested, he went too fast by .08 seconds, as soon as he did some school girl went and told on him and he was also booted for no roll bar.
It ticked me off, needless to say. If this is what they consider Import Racing now you can keep it. I only wish I knew for sure who they crying babies were. I have my ideas but non of the poeple I confronted had the balls to admit it, such is fact of life. The world is filled with guys that don't have a set of balls.
IF by chance I am lucky enough that the guy (s) that protested Jarrod and myself read this............to you I say, I hope that your car burns to the ground. Whether or not you are in it when it happens, I could care less. The world is full of balless whiners, a few less wouldn't hurt a thing.
If you can't beat someone find a way to weazle your way out of racing them, that's always a good solution. You freaking douche bags.
I took great pleasure in taking my protested car 25 miles up the road that night and getting a great steak dinner and then driving 35 miles back home in it. No trailer, number 1 qualifier and protested by some panty wastes all in one day, that is a good day!
To the rest of you, I had a great time this weekend and it was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone else!
David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.

more from another post

I was limited on the post I could make here the other day so I didn't get in a lot of what I wanted to say. Most of which doesn't matter now anyway.

I want to make it clear though that I didn't bash any Honda's, when I said POS's in my other post I was referring to MANY of the cars in the class, not anyone in particular.
Sorry to the green Honda owner, I apologized to you at the track, I am doing it again now.
I found out this morning who it was. Joe R., green 2g DSM owner. Joe, had you just come over and talked to me I'd have gladly dropped out of the class. You and anyone else can judge me all you want but the bottom line is had you handled it like a man and come to me I'd have gladly dropped out or if you wanted given you the winnings, I wasn't there for the money. Also, so you know, you are not welcome at the DSM Shootout or Mitsu VS Subaru race at NRP.
Glenn from NOPI, I didn't realize what a butthole you are but do now. You dimed out the owner by telling me the color of the car in private so your other tech buddies didn't hear you do it. Also, you have a lot to say here on the internet, I was standing right in front of you at the track and you had 2 days to say it to my face, it shows what type of guy you are. I'll run into you again, we can talk to face to face then, save us both typing now. David Buschur

his trailer at the track

Buschur.jpg

JUST WOW!

I remember when I first go into, it was like run what you brung and drove it like you stole it. We never ran for the money, just for the hell of it.

Now I don't even want to put an intake in my car anymore.

oh snap. he busted out the dude who told him who snitched. the thing about buscur though, if he didn't leave the scene for 5 years, he might have made an influence and it wouldn't be like this to begin with.

Glenn from NOPI, I didn't realize what a butthole you are but do now. You dimed out the owner by telling me the color of the car in private so your other tech buddies didn't hear you do it.

So ur sayin HT has worse drama than HS? It must be pretty bad. I was thinkin about login' in too...

So ur sayin HT has worse drama than HS? It must be pretty bad. I was thinkin about login' in too...

I think it's a much different kind of drama.

We have hemroids, flagday, once you go black you cant go back, the story of the unfinished sol, e enjoys guardrails, our east cost brother with 12 abortedkids and 4 born kids, (some unknown to him) moves west, can Havok drink a gallon of milk while plastered? I'm gonna kill the maintenance crew and keep their tools, sinking in backyard and burning car, should I buy another z, you mean ebaumsworld was already posted?

we have those kind of threads.

while they have.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

middle school and highschool kinda drama threads =)

yea i have never liked honda-tech even way back in the day when i was of the know it all highschooler thats why i joined this board and not hondatech i wont even get onthere to sell stuff they are all to opnionated

I just go over there for the classifieds and tech stuff(alot of high dollar people on HT with pretty neat new stuff and "discoveries"; can't say same for HS except our Member's Lounge>HT :p )

Yeah, its pretty true with the scene. A lot of the guys I hang out with have decently fast cars, and could probably do well in an NDRA/NOPI class. But everyone knows the bullshit that goes with drag racing.

The REAL problem here is the sanctioning body.

Like Bristol/cart, its the staff and their 'interpretation' of the rules that causes headaches. In this case, he was impropperly categorized, and ran too fast for his class without the proper equipment (If you're running 10's or 150 traps and don't have a cage, you're an idiot in the first place) and should have never been allowed to even run for the day.

In all honesty, he should have been turned away at the end of his first run for breaking out of 10.99, which requires a roll bar. Having run 2 times after that shoes the lack of managemement at the event it self.

Back