Not really sure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thGenLuvin

Not really sure where this would fit, but technically it's swap infro I suppose.. I do not currently have a/c in my car, when i do my b18b swap, how hard would it be to bring a/c into my car, is it even worth the hassle and loss of hp? ty for feedback.

i think it all depends on where u live and how well u can take the heat... im not gonna put a/c on my b18c1 just a waist... im not to sure about power steering though...

I installed the AC in mine after my swap. The car came factory with AC, so I didn't have to add the under dash stuff, so it was as easy as bolting the compressor on, and hooking it all up. I am going to Texas, South Texas at that, so yea, it's worth it to me, but it all depends like he said, on if you want/need it were YOU are at :)

As far as power loss, not even really noticable, and, you can always turn it off. The weight is neglibale as the comlete system is under 50lbs.

I will be hitting the dyno before I leave here, one run with it off, one with it cranked all the way up, I'll post the difference when I get around to it.

Well my car did not come with air conditioning.... so it may be a little pain in the ass... I guess once I get the rest of the swap done I will investigate it for a later project. I live in Alberta Canada right now, but it does get around 90-100 here some days in the summer time, as well I am planning alot of road trips into the US once I have everything set on the car next summer. i guess I'll look into it myself and see what it'll be for a PITA, and make a decision later on, not like that kinda stuff ever gets taken out of a scrap yard anyways, aside from compressors for cores.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 6 2005, 05:50 PM
As far as power loss, not even really noticable, and, you can always turn it off. The weight is neglibale as the comlete system is under 50lbs.

I will be hitting the dyno before I leave here, one run with it off, one with it cranked all the way up, I'll post the difference when I get around to it.
[post=536701]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey! I'd love to see the results. But will you yank the A/C belt as well?

I live in central texas where its hot as hell, and I run with no a/c.

I guess I can see if they will let me pull three, it cheap so maybe they will let me get one at no cost and I can untension the belt. But I don't think there will be any difference with it off as opposed to the AC being off, I only feel the slightest drag when the compressor is on.

I don't think it is going to make much difference horepower wise, even with the pully fully engaged you might lose, 8-10 horsepower... It's just the level of MIGRANE that it'll cause me installing the JFSALKFS thing.!

Back