Nothing like saving money on gas,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Today while driving to work I saw yet another one of these trucks. A few weeks ago I saw a blue one. so that makes two too many on the roads with gas prices almost at $3.00 a gallon

I have to ask. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_3_9_3726.jpg

gallery_3_9_42881.jpg

Here's the webpage for this thing. http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_...tfamily/cxt.asp

Someone here has one too. If you make over $200,000 have a decent but not over-the-top home, and 2 kids, gas prices haven't affected you too much.

I would gladly punch the owner in the stomach and then the face a couple of times, for being such an excellent example of Uncaring american excess.

The other night on TV there was a report on gas prices. The interveiwer asked a lady what she thought about gas prices, she said that they were horrible and blah blah the rest. Then he asked her if she would be willing to trade in her lexus SUV. She laughed and said "no." What luxery can be found in an SUV that cannot be found in a car? Infact for the price of many of these SUV you could get a more luxerious car.

Yeah. It's like when they were interviewing a member of the bush administration about what was being done to conserve gas and lower prices, and he talks him and his people up and goes on and on, and then gets in an Expedition to ride to the airport.

:owned:

i dont really like the international
id rather have the F650 super duty pickup :)

DSC02345.jpg

:tfg:

Why would you even want to waste the money on the truck itself, let alone the cost for gas?

who fuckin cares? Bitching about it isnt going to stop it. The difference around town honestly, isnt very much. Highway, well it does go up from city driving but its not huge. Sure its an extra 20 bucks at the tank, but what it sounds like is that its not about the money, but the mpg. And there isnt a HUGE difference.. I actually have a list of some cars vs. some trucks. (not EVERY car made, but ones in the price range, plus a few higher and lower, of suv's) and its not like its OMFG DEATH TO SUVS!!

Gallardo 9/15
Murcielago 9/13
Bentley Arnage 10/19
Ferrari 360 11/16
Dodge Viper 12/20
RR Phantom 12/19
S4 15/22
M3 16/23
Audi a8 16/22
VW Phaeton V8 16/22
Porsche 4S 17/23
MB S430 17/26
Audi a6 17/24
Infiniti m45 17/23
Mustang v8 17/25
Sti 18/24 (although we have heard of lower)
Lexus GS 430 18/25
Acura RL 18/26
Cadillac CTS 18/27
Jaguar XJ8 18/28
Corvette c6 18/26
96 Supra 19/23
Evo 19/26
Bmw 530xi 20/27
SRT-4 22/30
RSX typeS 23/31

Dodge SRT-10 9/12
H2 13/17
Lincoln Navigator 13/18
Cadillac Escalade 14/17
Porsche Cayenne 14/18
Range Rover Sport 14/18
GMC Denali 14/18
Chevy 1500 HD 14/18
Nissan Titan 14/19
Ford Expedition 14/19
Grand Cherokee Laredo 14/20
Toyota Sequoia 15/18
Ford F150 15/19
Chevy 1500 15/19
Chevy Tahoe 15/19
H3 16/20
MB m500 16/20
BMW X5 16/21
Honda Ridgeline 16/21
Nissan Xterra 16/22
Nissan Pathfinder 16/23
Acura MDX 17/23
BMW X3 17/25
Toyota Tundra 18/20
Toyota 4runner 18/22
Lexus RX 18/24
Volvo XC90 18/24
Mazda Tribute 20/25

That's great and all, but in practice those numbers mean shit.

It all depends on each individual car and driver. Some people can get 40mpg out of a '95 DX and others are barely scraping 30. It all depends on how you drive, where you drive, and how often.

It all depends on each individual car and driver. Some people can get 40mpg out of a '95 DX and others are barely scraping 30. It all depends on how you drive, where you drive, and how often.

i get every damn cent out of the gas i buy...
not with MPG, but with the grin on the face factor...

i love high revving small motors...
zinnnngggggg!!!! :ph34r:

Because people are whiners and hypocrites.

Brian (as an example) drives an STi, which gets barely better mpg than your typical SUV, and yet complains about SUVs and gas prices.

Hundreds of thousands of American "SUV Soccer Moms" are outraged every time they pull up to the pump and are disgusted with their vehicle's mileage. What do they do? Whine and pay.

I personally am pissed cause the gas prices are going up (which is fine), but my paycheck's not getting any bigger. I know I drive an inefficient vehicle. That's why I'm trying to sell it for a more efficient one.

I can average 16 mpg or 21.

If I drive through the city for a couple days, I'll get 16-17 mpg.
If I'm on the highway, at normal speeds I'll get 20-21 mpg.
If I'm on the highway, at abnormal speeds. I'll get 18-19 mpg.

Abnormal - 100-130 mph for a ~50 mile trip.

I usually stick it on cruise at 105-110 when travelling from Matamoras to Tobyhanna PA. I get decent mileage, I'm still gonna bitch. It was nice when I had a stock civic getting 35-40 mpg.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 25 2005, 02:30 PM
Because people are whiners and hypocrites.

Brian (as an example) drives an STi, which gets barely better mpg than your typical SUV, and yet complains about SUVs and gas prices.

Hundreds of thousands of American "SUV Soccer Moms" are outraged every time they pull up to the pump and are disgusted with their vehicle's mileage. What do they do? Whine and pay.

I personally am pissed cause the gas prices are going up (which is fine), but my paycheck's not getting any bigger. I know I drive an inefficient vehicle. That's why I'm trying to sell it for a more efficient one.
[post=545194]Quoted post[/post]​

Brian doesnt bitch aout gas prices... he has said many times that he doesnt care what it costs.... and he bitches about SUVs for the same reason that i bitch about SUVS... they are unsafe, and they make the roads less safe for everyone else

shitty handling
prone to tipping
poor visibility of other cars around you
sub par braking
the list goes on....

there are some exceptions to this rule... but not many

Agreed - My attack on Brian is his ownership of the STi, then yelling about Bush not doing anything dramatic about gas prices.

When it comes down to it, all cars lately get some shitty mileage. But that was the trend - And it continues to be the trend to this day. Go to the other thread for my upcoming synopsis on the trends.

my SUV is all of what E stated - prone to tip, poor braking and it's a visual highway nightmare. It's up to me to allow others to see around me - To not pull up to the line when taking a turn, and to be considerate of others.

I'm not going to stop driving a lumbering hunk of steel and 33" rubber though.

SUVs are safer for those INSIDE of the SUV. And that's all people give a flying shit about. It's called being "selfish", and it's what binds most people in the world together. You can't legislate consideration and good manners.

now, onto the other thread..

Back