Noticed something intriguing tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I was going to go fill up but I noticed that gas was 1.99/2.00 even (don't care what it is in your neck of the woods) so i said fuck it and just went in to get a SOBE...very disgusting btw...as I pulled into the gas station my radar detector went nuts, I looked up and noticed three New Haven Crown Vic police cruisers sittin in front of the damn station...the 3rd one had his radar on. So I park my car, go in, pay, come out and as I walk by the 2nd and 3rd cruisers I noticed that the 3rd one had a rear facing radar...

Now I know where all the ticket money is going...I see at least 2-3 cars pulled over almost nightly in New Haven, now one cop can clock two different people at the same time...

i think almost all the cops down here in springfield has 2 radars, one in back then one up front. & i think all highway patrolman in misouri have them too. i always thought all cops/highway patrolemen (sp?) had 2, i guess its pretty common around here.

It might be common up here too, but tonight was the first time I've ever noticed that rear facing radar. It surprised me to see it.

Yeah its crazy with those cops. The other day me and my dad were going on the freeway and his truck's radar/laser detector went off. but It didn't mark ka band nor k band it marked VG2. I heard VG2 is the new laser guns cops are using and its crazy because ahead we couldn't find no cop with the white crown vic. Instead we see this cool Chameleon green type color Crown vic. No lights on top only alot of lights on the headlights, parking lights, and behind the rear window. The only way you know its a cop is when you are right beside him and It says San Antonio Police Department in flashy letters that you can see when you pull up on the side of them.

Cop Car 1
Cop Car 2
Cop Car 3

To bad Radar/laser Detectors exist... :D

VG2 is what is commonly refered to as the "radar detector detector" band

basicly it is used to seak out drivers with radar detectors

most new (good) radar detectors are invisable to VG2, but several still alert you to when it is in use

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 18 2004, 04:12 AM
VG2 is what is commonly refered to as the "radar detector detector" band

basicly it is used to seak out drivers with radar detectors

most new (good) radar detectors are invisable to VG2, but several still alert you to when it is in use

:withstupid: even my old Whistler 1660 was invisible to VG2...nobody around here used it though.

Blah. THe cops in Memphis use Drug bust cars for unmarked cop cars...

We've got maxima's, Trucks, SUV's, Mustangs, a 99Z28 in the burbs to fight redlight to redlight racing through what I think is entrapment, all tinted out with blue lights in the windows and grills and wigwags on all the headlights of the cars.

We have old and new white Crown Vics, white and black (some unmarked) Impalas, I think we might have a white Z28 or two, about 3-4 motorcycles, a green and red lumina LTZ, and even a Green 2G Taurus LX roaming around Fort Wayne. New Haven just has dark blue Crown Vics.

Then we have a State police station on the south west side of the city with ISP roaming around the highways. Also have a Sheriffs station somewhere with brown Crown Vics and brown Impalas (some unmarked as well) running around here too...lotsa shit to be on the look out for.

every highway patrol here ive ever seen in missouri has em.

Here in Vermont, the officer MUST be in a clearly marked patrol car to pull someone over.

As for everyone whining about how sneaky cops are getting... I have two solutions- either slow down, or be sneakier. I chose to slow down, and honestly, driving is much less stressful now that I don't have to constantly be on the lookout and wondering if that set of headlights up ahead are cop lights or not.

All of the cops are going to start growing cocks on their foreheads with all that radiation. :p

Springfields idea of a "stealth car" is a normal cop car (fulley painted) with the top lights removed lol.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 18 2004, 10:49 AM
i'll remember that next time we are 5 deep rolling 150 on I89

lol

And you can bet your ass that I'll be in the back of the pack. :) But seriously, I've been driving without insurance, a license, or registration for the past five months, and I tell ya... it really slows ya down. I don't like doing it, and won't be doing it for much longer, but these things happen, ya know? The good that I see coming from it is that I'm getting used to driving slower, so when I do get all my stuff back, I won't really worry about getting a ticket.

Police Video 2

Now hold the fuck on here... That bastard fucker cop pulled that car over "For failure to signal a lane change"

Watch the video. The kid CLEARLY used his signal. The cop also mentioned that he "Cut off" the guy behind him, yet the cop smoothly fit his Crown Vic behind the offender - Suggesting at least 25 feet of clearance.

If I was this guy, I would OWN the police department. The cop was caught ON CAMERA flat out lying.

-> Steve

I say we take to the streets !

In another bit, in Connecticut we don't have any police helicopters - The result is that we instead build pursuit cars. We are one of only a few states that build pursuit cars. Unmarked Camaros, tubbed and gutted serve only to pull over speeders with out ANY lights on them. They are dispatched by other cop cars - But even in their own cruising they are capable of pulling people over and waiting for a real squad car to make the arrest / warrant.

Also, in CT we have had secret police for over 10 years. State cops will drive anything from Taurus wagons, to Focus hatches, to Expeditions.

I am a strong, I say VERY strong advocate that secret police MUST be removed from US highways across the board.

I now step off my soap box.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 18 2004, 11:02 AM
Police Video 2

Now hold the fuck on here... That bastard fucker cop pulled that car over "For failure to signal a lane change"

Watch the video. The kid CLEARLY used his signal. The cop also mentioned that he "Cut off" the guy behind him, yet the cop smoothly fit his Crown Vic behind the offender - Suggesting at least 25 feet of clearance.

If I was this guy, I would OWN the police department. The cop was caught ON CAMERA flat out lying.

-> Steve

I say we take to the streets !

The cop would probably say the kid changed lanes before that without signaling... After he saw the cop he changed again and used his signal.

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 18 2004, 12:05 PM

I am a strong, I say VERY strong advocate that secret police MUST be removed from US highways across the board.

Why?

Secret police are making a dent in crime, but at the cost of free passage and liberty. It's an evil way of getting the job done. And it's borderline intimidation.

Actually, it IS intimidation. Governments that rule through intimidation are Tyrannies.

And if you have no problem with this (Which I expect many of you do not) Think of all the other undercover enforcements out there. Drug heists, fraudulent sales, even prostitution rings. These are enforcement officials who will do their best to convince that they are NOT law enforcement, then talk you into doing something illegal, then nab you. As if you're some kind of threat to civilization.

We've gone way overboard with how we handle drugs, prostitution, speeding, and free speech enforcement. Fuck undercover cops, it's dirty.

-> Steve

Back