Obama suspends Habius Corpus at GITMO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Obama put out an executive order stopping all GITMO activity, including legal proceedings which are ongoing. The judge presiding over the trail of a suspect being tried for the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen says "sorry, not gonna do it"

Military Judge Refuses to Halt Trial of USS Cole Bombing Suspect - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

So all you Bush haters who jumped up and down about Habius Corpus, start protesting Obama. That is unless you actually didn't care about the legal process, and just wanted to attack Bush.

it's the opposite, according to this order, obama doesn't even want them tried
thats my point. we need to just kill them before they get out into the world.

this is an al qaeda conspiracy 20 years in the making. they planned getting him into office and having him do some crazy shit.

Isn't there some troll forum you can go to make posts everyday about obama and the OMG look wut he did now shit?

We're 9 days into his term now...

Listen to me. VERY CAREFULLY. Obama has used an executive order to overturn a SUPREME COURT RULING.

Boumediene v. Bush, 553 U.S. ___ (2008), was a writ of habeas corpus submission made in a civilian court of the United States on behalf of Lakhdar Boumediene, a naturalized citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina, held in military detention by the United States at the Guantanamo Bay detention camps.[1][2][3] The case was consolidated with habeas petition Al Odah v. United States. The case challenged the legality of Boumediene’s detention at the Guantanamo Bay military base as well as the constitutionality of the Military Commissions Act (MCA) of 2006. Oral arguments on the combined case were heard by the Supreme Court on December 5, 2007. On June 12, 2008, Justice Kennedy wrote the opinion for the 5-4 majority holding that the prisoners had a right to the habeas corpus under the United States Constitution and that the MCA was an unconstitutional suspension of that right.

He has proven that he can do it, we're all next. 2nd amendment, 1st amendment, It's gone with the swipe of his pen.

Well there's your change America

we've went from Bush arguably endangering Habius Corpus to Obama clearly violating the same.

i really want to see whats going to happen after the first year. Here in Tally there were lot of obama fans. I want to see what happens if he ends up screwing thigs even worse.

of course i hope he doesnt but man Obama fans were so confident he is gonna change the world.....

how did he do that exactly?
he asked for a 120 day break in proceedings?

Judge James Pohl's ruling throws a wrench in President Obama's plans to suspend the military tribunal process for 120 days while the administration reviews how to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility within the year.

If Bush was the evil guy that everyone said he was / is, he would have used an executive order to overturn the Supreme Court.

We would have "found" WMD in Iraq.

Obama IS THIS EVIL.

As with Bush, I would stop well short of "evil" with Obama. It's just a bit to charged for me.

But, this is 100%, no doubt about it illegal. It violates Habeas Corpus, it's a violation of a Supreme Court Ruling, and it's the Executive Branch overreaching it's powers.

That's basically the combo plate of all the things the Anit Bush people wanted him arrested for. I'm betting they don't see it the same way when it's their guy

yes it is, by members of the Judaical branch of government, specifically judges

The Executive branch, as per Celerity's Supreme Court ruling, cannot legally postpone or delay Habeas Corpus

from what i read it is unconstitutional to SUSPEND
but not to postpone

Back