Obd0 swap into eg: please help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

banner

Okay, I got a obd0 b16 for my eg. It comes with a chipped pr3. Ive never done an obd0 swap into an ond1, so therefore Im asking for some guidance. Please help.

I have a few questions:

-My first question is can I use a obd0 to obd1 jumper harness?

I do understand that such a harness is supposed to be used for a obd1 motor into a obd0 car. Was wondering if it would work vice versa.

-My second question is if the harness does not work, I must convert the motor over to obd1 from my understanding. If I must do this, what do I all need?

-obd1 dizzy
-obd1 ecu (p30)
-obd1 fuel rail or injectors
-obd1 headers
Is there anything else?

Im hoping I can just use a harness because it would be so much easier. Please help and answer if you know whats up! Lol. Thanks guys.

definitely need to convert to obd1. no one sells a jumper to stepdown your harness to accept an obd0 ecu, nor would i recommend doing so even if someone did.

what you need to make it run obd1 is the matching distributor and ecu. injectors can remain obd0, if and only if you run a resistor box. for the sake of keeping this easy i would suggest you just find yourself some saturated obd1 or obd2 injectors and swap those in.

so all i need is the obd1 dizzy and ecu? I will be getting a obd1 harness from a friend to do a minor wire tuck, and injectors? Thats it?

I do not need a rail and headers? Or a throttle body?

som eg's had firewall mounted maps. if yours is not one of them then yes you will need a tb with a map on it

hmmm, ill have to check that out. I have a d15b in my car currently so i can use that tb if i am correct?

next question though, if i have a cable transmission, if i use just the cable to hydro mount from hasport, is that all i need as well for that?

Back