OBD1 B18C1 -> 00 EK - Rear T Bracket / Throttle Cable Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Import R

It's a 94 GSR that I'm in the middle of putting into my 00 EX Coupe.
I'm having a mess of a time trying to fit the rear T bracket to where it needs to go. From the pic below you can (hopefully) see where the red arrows are pointing at the bolt holes, but the bracket itself seems too long to fit both bolt locations.
Does this bracket need to be swapped for the 99-00 B16 rear T bracket? I thought any B series T bracket would have been ok. Or do I need to swap out the rubber mount to the frame as well?
TBracket-1.jpg

The motor also has a Skunk2 intake manifold on it. From the picture below you can see that there is a throttle cable bracket mounted to the throttle body. Unsure of what to do in order to attach my cable to the throttle body so that it operates properly. Should I use the existing mount? (Pic 2) or should I use the screw holes (pic 3) and fashion my own homemade bracket?

Throttle.jpg

TasIS.jpg

RIGbracket.jpg

My only concern with this option is how to keep the cable from slipping out of the throttle body if its not coiled around it.

UPDATE
Fixed the throttle cable issue.

I took the throttle rotor (not sure of technical part name) off my old Y8. Then just made my own bracket to hold the throttle cable in place. So now the rotation of it is proper and the cable seats completely in the provided channel.

Pulled the motor out and had another go at the rear T bracket. Got the Driver side mounts in, T bracket in...... Trans mount is WAY forward of where its supposed to be. A solid 2 inches. Tried giving it a little leverage with a pry bar and didnt get me anywhere.

Any chance there might be some variance on the B series T bracket sizes? Or is it the stock rubber mount to the frame that needs to be B series as well?

I need a favor from someone who knows for certain that they have a 99-00 SI Rear T Bracket....

I need the length from bolt to bolt from the top bracket to the bolt hole that goes to the rubber mount. (Basically the bolts in my 1st bracket picture above).

I have a feeling that the Integra mount is longer than the 99-00 Si mount and is causing my problem. But would like some confirmation before I bang my head against a wall.

I need a favor from someone who knows for certain that they have a 99-00 SI Rear T Bracket....

I need the length from bolt to bolt from the top bracket to the bolt hole that goes to the rubber mount. (Basically the bolts in my 1st bracket picture above).

I have a feeling that the Integra mount is longer than the 99-00 Si mount and is causing my problem. But would like some confirmation before I bang my head against a wall.

You will need to use the 99-00 Civic SI rear engine bracket like this one
Rear Engine "L" Bracket for B Series Swaps into 96-00 Civic, 84-87 Civic/CRX, and 86-89 Integra Chassis
Your original rear rubber mount will be fine. The Integra/ 92-95 civic rear bracket is too long and will cause what you are seeing with the transmission being pushed forward.

hey just get a 99-00 si rear mount bracket and save yourself the trouble and just get a 94-01 integra throthle cable

Back