Obd2 In 0bd0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

Hybrid Revolution told me:
We do supply the Full harness (inside and out) So the wiring part wont be a problem.. Also you can get a OBD
conversion harness from hasport.com.

When I get my itr motor it will come with the full obd2 Full harness (inside and out) So what type of wiring do you think I would have to do. And can you explain to me why if I got the full obd2 harnes, why I would need a conversion harness. Couldnt I just swap the obd0 wiring harness with the obd2 since its the full uncut harness?

I believe that if they supply you with a full, uncut harness (inside and out) and the OBD2 ECU you shouldn't have to do any wiring at all. If someone know differently, please correct me.

Becuase the motor he wants is OBD2.

So basicaly If I just put in the uncut wiring harness. I really wouldnt have to do any wiring? Would I still have to get an obd0 to obd2 wiring harness?

If you get a complete harness from ECU to engine I don't think there will be any wiring for you to do, but I could be wrong. The are wires coming out of the ECU that go places other than the engine...

What about all the stuff behind the dash?If he swapped the whole harness wouldn't he have to rewire to everywhere it went?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 3 2003, 11:31 PM
Becuase the motor he wants is OBD2.

Motors are not OBD, only electronics.

Yes you will have some issues.The obd2 harness has a electronic speed sensor, and some of the interior items don't match up exactly. The real pain is pulling the car apart to swap the harnesses. You will need the OBD 2 interior and engine fuse boxes, and a lot of patience. Check to make sure there are no SRS or ABS issues. It's probably a lot easier to just buy the conversion harness.

Can you solder? Or are you comfortable ripping out your entire wiring harness and making the obd 2 harness work? Do you want plug ang play? If you want easy get the conversion harness. If you think you can make it yourself I have instructions for obd0 to obd1 and 0bd2 to obd 1, so you could do it yourself. It's not really hard. I say, Just make it OBD 1, get a chipped p28 or Hondata and use the OBD 2 harness to keep your dizzy and injectors.

Originally posted by solblu@Mar 3 2003, 10:47 PM
Why not just convert to OBD 1? It's relatively easy and much cheaper.

i completely agree.

Even if he gets the ENTIRE UNCUT harness (which is doubtfull), have fun wiring your entire car ALL OVER again. I'm talking dash, Interior overhead lights, tail lights- months of work, that is such a waste of time.

What i would do is get an obd0->1 converter harness from hasport, skunk2, kenji, etc... there's plenty of options there. Chip a p28 with hondata or have kenji chip it for a dohc motor.
then, convert the electronics on the motor to obd1.
-injectors
-distributor
-alternator

From my expereince, I would try to pick up a complete d16z6 engine harness. Plug that into the motor after the above changes are made, and go from there.
That's what i would do if i were doing an obd2 swap in an obd0 car.

Do you know who can chip a p28 ecu to make it have specs like the itr ecu or better, to give me more power?

if you want to pay $350 for a gsr ecu, go for it. but p28s go for 100-125 pre-chipped for dual cam.

chipping it to ITR specs, or any other spec for that matter is stupid. it WONT give you more power. your motor is not an itr, your tuning woul fbe way off.

If you look around you can find an OBD1 P72 for around $200. I did. But I agree with Brian, the P28 chipped to ITR specs is a better way to go. For one thing the P72 VTEC crossover is too low for ITR cams.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 7 2003, 01:21 PM
if you want to pay $350 for a gsr ecu, go for it. but p28s go for 100-125 pre-chipped for dual cam.

chipping it to ITR specs, or any other spec for that matter is stupid. it WONT give you more power. your motor is not an itr, your tuning woul fbe way off.

yes but the motor i am getting is itr
who could tune the p28 to itr specs

Back