Oh Crap, Problem With Skunk2 Im

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I just bought a Skunk2 Manifold for a B16 to use on my LSVTEC. The Skunk2 page claims this manifold works with a B17A (93 GSR engine) which means that it would work with a fast idle valve that is not part of the throttle body. I can't find anywhere to mount the fast idle valve on the new intake manifold. My question is do I need this valve? If not, how do I bypass it? If so, how do I mount it to the manifold?

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
could you post a pic of it? i have a skunk2 mani, but my stuff is 99 si... maybe i could help

pills_PMD

you have the obd0 intake manifold that has the external fast idle valve right??

i dont think any skunk2 ones will accept that. you need a throttle body from an obd1 b16 that has the mechanical fast idle valve on the bottom

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Shit, I wish I had known that. Next question: can I just not use the Fast Idle valve? If not, where do you reccomend that I get a TB (I don't have a lot of cash)? If so, how?

pills_PMD

i'm currrently not using a fast idle valve either. when it's really cold out.. my car sometimes wants to stall for the first minute or so of driving.. but after that its fine.

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Cool, how did you bypass it? I can't really afford to buy a new TB at the moment. Living in Southern New Mexico I don't have to worry about it being really cold. :)

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
My LS TB (which is what I am running) doesn't have one either. So if I just run this one I should be okay, right?

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Type R ECU will not work becuase I have an OBD1 car. Why would I want to make all the changes to go to OBD2? I'd have to get a P28 chipped. I already have a P72 that works well, I don't want to have to find a P28 with the right chip.