Oil Leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lantis

;_;

Check it out. My poor car.

b9b4861d.jpg

6f61d2fa.jpg

d9720f59.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Ain't oil leaks the greatest?

Also think I got a windshield wiper fluid leak since it mysteriously disappears every few days..

lol, i am so posting pics of my protege...itll scare the hell outa yall

Post tomorrow...i dont have a digital camera tonight.

Spray your engine bay and block down with some degreaser and take a power washer to it,

Originally posted by swanny@May 14 2005, 09:04 PM
Valve cover gasket?
[post=499308]Quoted post[/post]​

I got no clue ;_;

I gotta take it to a shop and get it fixed, since the previous owner said if I find a shop that will take credit card over the phone, they would pay for it to get fixed since it was leaking when they had it too.

And I don't know what is wrong with the windshield wiper thing, I filled it up like 3 days ago, and haven't really been any where and haven't used the sprayer, and then I was checking the transmission fluid and noticed that the windshield wiper fluid was nearly empty.

Find the washer reservoir, it should be down behind the headlights then pull the fender liner out from the bumper and check the hoses. Sometimes the bottle itself will become a little brittle and start to leak.

Yeah I plan to have them look at it when I get the oil leak fixed. I hope, in the mean time, I am rolling a stock, leaky, engine.

Lol, im there with you...i spend 2 bucks a week on oil...when i take pictures of my protege youll understand why. Every seal on the engine is shot and its just not pretty.

Whats wierd is i write all day every day at work...and when i am on these boards my grammar sucks, so here is my request for pitty and forgiveness.

lol...i dont think so...when my lude is done, thats my car :)

lol...well im only asking like 800 bucks, and trust me...the cosmetics of the car are scary enough...but it still does 120 without breaking a sweat (maybe the engine, but it wont sweat)

Originally posted by Lantis@May 14 2005, 11:34 PM
Ah, ok then.
[post=499358]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, if you think that is bad, you should have seen what the bottom of my car looked like when my oilpan gasket went loose at gingerman raceway. When I came into the pits, there was oil dripping from my gas tank.

Pics of my car

U cant tell the oil on that engine because i took those on my phone, but the last two make me laugh

The hood holdy uppy rod is down, but the hood stays up without anyone holding it.

My mom went to tahiti last weekend, and she hasnt gotten the pics off my camera yet. She doesnt wanna give my camera back (and truth be told i dont want it back) until she gets her pictures off of it.

Ill show you the macro pics of the engine when that comes back to me.

Yeah those pics suck, I took mine with a 3 megapixel digi cam.. I have a camera phone too but I know what you mean about the pics sucking, if I want good pics on it, I usually download them off my computer (for screensavesr and stuff)

I put it in the shop today. It's gonna cost $767.88 to get the rear main seal, valve cover gasket, and distributer all fixed.

Apparently it had 2 oil leaks, and the distributor was mis-firing. >.<

I only wanted to spend $600 or less. But oh well. My mom said if I could find $100 she would put in the other $100 for my birthday gift to buy the rear bumper I want. But the bumper is $225 + shipping. The good news is that the guy from Ground Dynamics, said he would give me 10% off all the stuff I buy from them. But you still got the shipping, plus I still gotta find a shop to install it and fix the body damage around the rear driver wheel well so that the bumper will fit right. >.<

Originally posted by Lantis@May 17 2005, 11:02 PM
I put it in the shop today. It's gonna cost $767.88 to get the rear main seal, valve cover gasket, and distributer all fixed.

Apparently it had 2 oil leaks, and the distributor was mis-firing. >.<

I only wanted to spend $600 or less. But oh well. My mom said if I could find $100 she would put in the other $100 for my birthday gift to buy the rear bumper I want. But the bumper is $225 + shipping. The good news is that the guy from Ground Dynamics, said he would give me 10% off all the stuff I buy from them. But you still got the shipping, plus I still gotta find a shop to install it and fix the body damage around the rear driver wheel well so that the bumper will fit right. >.<
[post=500740]Quoted post[/post]​

You aren't doing the work yourself? Seals aren't TOO hard to replace. My ol 'Cord leaks pretty damn bad from the front of the engine... I've replaced the oil pan gasket, crank seal and cam seal... still leaks. I just finished rebuilding an oil pump (that thing has THREE gaskets) and I am hoping that will fix the problem. It's the only thing left that I haven't replaced.

On second thought... yeah, let them fix it :lol:

Well I let them fix it because I don't know how to work on cars, I just drive them, in my girlish meager attempt at driving anyways. ;_;

Back