Oil Pan!!Help!!ASAP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

ok i need a new oil pan for my b16a.how do you change it?does the tranny have to be removed?ive never done this or anything so i need some help.im also assuming i should change the gasket.

also if anyone knows where i can get a cheap one really quick, please let me know....

search, i just did a whole write up on how to do this, with pics even (if there still up)

its very easy to do, just get a helms manual and follow the directions

This is esay just remove the down pipe then the trans flywheel cover then the brackets that hold the trans to the engine the n just take the bolts off of the pan.(Dont forget to drain the oil) Go ahead and replace the gasket make sure you get it from honda not a auto parts store there aftermarket and wont work correctly. let me know if you need more info.

ya boy steveo

You can manuever it without taking off the DP.

its simple.

remove all the bolts, and pry one side lightly with a screw driver. It should come off easily after that.

get it from honda not a auto parts store there aftermarket and wont work correctly

wtf man..
I've been using the oil pan, and other gaskets from advanceautoparts and pepboys and never had a problem,......
Man,...I know some people want the best out of their car but damn..GOING TO A DEALER just for a fuck*ng oil pan gasket....C'mon...
Dude just get it a your local parts store,,,same sh*t..... :blink:

thanks, i got it taken care of no problem, i got hooked up with a oil pan for $40, and went to autozone for the gasket($17), btw it was fel pro and those are pry one of the best gasket companies,fuck the dealer

Okay get it from a auto parts dealer and have a headache later when it begins to leak on ya. The dealer has the correct gasket for this application trust me its better to do it this way then doing it agian over and over and ya over agian becuse its not the right gasket. trust me better to do it the right way the first time and save a lot of time and money then doing it the wrong way a bunch of times. the auto parts stores do not sell the correct gasket that is made for the honda motors they are basicly shaped after it so it looks close to a honda one. The honda gaskets may be a little bit more but gonna save you in the long run. Also buy some brake cleaner to clean all the surfaces before you put the new one on. Make sure you torque the bolts in the right sequnce and the right torque. And dont use RTV or other gasket sealers from the auto parts store wont seal correctly. Your going to wanna use hondabond to seal the gasket. hope this helps.

ya boy steveo

i agree with the hondabond.

The "parts store gaskets" are fine....trust me.

I've been using the OEM like gaskets forever and never had a problem on any of my cars.

I usually will go to the dealer, but if I'm trying to get it slighlty cheaper or faster then Autozone or something lik it is fine.

Well then you go to the auto parts store have a good time there. Id rather go to the honda dealer and get the right parts and not have problems later on.

Honda dealers do tend to rape you on the small stuff though. I had the same problem with my oil pan on my D15. Honda org. OEM gasket = $37. CAP Fel-Pro gasket = $19. I love OEM quality, but can it honestly be that bad? I don't trust any OEM who sell's 'H' emblems for more than their fuel filters. :shocked:

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 14 2005, 10:41 PM
Well then you go to the auto parts store have a good time there. Id rather go to the honda dealer and get the right parts and not have problems later on.
[post=499335]Quoted post[/post]​

Listen..I've even made my own oil pan gasket and other gaskets and never had a problem.. But then again im cheap as he*l....lol (Team Low Budget)...hihihi..

now like i said...for an oil pan gasket, shit i get one from a parts store, or even make my own if its cheaper...lol
Now for timing belts and shit like that i would most def. go to the dealer...My .02 :)

Back