oil pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turboef87

in the morning when i first start my car my oil light flashes on thats the only time it ever does it cold start oil pressure is between 70 and 75 psi when car is warm pressure drops to about 40 psi but sumtimes at idle it will drop down to 15 to 20 psi were the car sounds like it wants to die is this my oil pump about to go or do i have a shitty sensor the gauge im using is a autometer but it doesnt drop all the time most of the time its idling like shit tho theres a couple things that could be the problem if any1 needs more info for cause of this just let me kno im just trynna get sum1's opinion

how many miles on the engine?

If over 200k you might need to break it open and freshen up the engine (rings, bearings, gaskets, ect ect).

dam idk i got the car wit a swap in it 90 b16a i waz also thinkin my alternator cause at nite the car will idle like shit when i turn the lights on and my gauges get a lil dimmer when i turn them off the car will idle fine im testing the alternator next if the car doesnt have enough juice from the battery will thiz cause my idle problem cause the car runz fine pops vtec strong

not the battery or the alternator im getttin 3 flashing lights then 7 from the ecu i think it may be my map sensor and throttle position sensor

Back