Only One Wheel Spins?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

I was spon tires out side in my 1991 Acura integra rs, and my friend said that he didnt see the tire spinning on the side he was on. So I tried it again and it still wasnt spinng, then he went to the other side and he said that that tire was spinning a lot. Whats going on? Do I have a broken axle or something? Please Help.
If its a broken axle where is a good site to purchase a new one? :(

so i dont have any probs, its just the fact that i dont have lsd?

Originally posted by mwvnos@Feb 14 2003, 10:16 PM
you dont have lsd...limited slip differential. comes on most jdm cars

Not most, only some. Some SI and GSR trannys have them and all ITR trannys have them. What LSD's do, is when one wheel starts to spin, it will give more power to the oposing side. This will help reduce one wheel burn outs, shitty launchs, trq steer, hitting the wall while trying to road race but your one wheel is getting all the power and you just go strait.

Yes, your car is fine. Nothing to worry about, it is just a high performance option on some high end cars.

there are aftermarket LSD's that you can buy like kazz and Quiffie (SP on either?) They will cost you a pretty penny, normally over a grand for a new one. To get a tranny with an LSD already in it, email an engine importer and ask if you could buy a tranny with an LSD in it and for how much? The ITR tranny will have a LSD and will give you great acceleration (high final drive and short gearing) but will give you bad gas millage because of the high final drive and short gearing.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Feb 14 2003, 10:37 PM
yes if it is cable

Just make sure that it is an LSD tranny. Not all b16 trannies (dont know the code of the) had LSDs. The ones that had LSDs had 'LSD' stamped right on the case.

you could but it is a ton of work and it is not worth it. you have to buy tranny adapters, fabracate stuff, basicly, just stick with your cable clutch, makes everything ALOT cheaper. Basicly the only tranny that you can find that will be simple to do is the B16a SiRI LSD tranny.

Trannys info

Here is about all the info you should need. Also use the info provided in the above link to the one speed calculator in the articles section, last page, last entry. Will help you alot.

The b16 tranny is not as short as the b18c5's but it is still has very short gearing. basicly that is your best option without doing alot of work

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 14 2003, 09:24 PM
The ITR tranny will have a LSD and will give you great acceleration (high final drive and short gearing) but will give you bad gas millage because of the high final drive and short gearing.

Quaife LSDs are about $800 new.

I got 25mpg city and 30mpg highway with my transmission- ITR with LSD, and that highway mileage was constant 80mph at 4400-4500rpm with my B20.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 15 2003, 04:53 AM
I got 25mpg city and 30mpg highway with my transmission- ITR with LSD, and that highway mileage was constant 80mph at 4400-4500rpm with my B20.

Running that engine speed and you still got that kind of millage? :worthy: honda :p I was expecting that it would be more like 20city, 25 hwy. Does running that high of enigine speeds on the highway cause pemature wear on the engine?

Back