Opinion on Honda Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

Can't decide... I need a truck to haul around my toys, but I want a car... So i was wondering, what is your opinions on the new Honda Civic SI 2005-06??? Performance, engine, suspension, etc... I have never ridden in one that's why GRRRR...

the '05 Si? That's still the hatch. The new Si coupe isn't supposed to come out till 06 or 07.

IMO, the new Si kinda sucks. Sure it's a k-series, but it's a neutered K-series. I'd buy a truck.

what kind of shit do you need to haul around?
and whats your price range

are you kidding me????this guy at work bought the all black one and it looks sick...i likey

machpherson suspension on a FWD = t3h suck.
k20a3 = t3h suck
minivan with no sliding door = t3h suck
ridgeline = t3h suck.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 13 2005, 11:05 AM
I am alone in this opinion:

I love new Civic Si hatches.

That is all.

-> Steve
[post=525471]Quoted post[/post]​

I like them too. I honestly think it has just as much, if not more potential than the previous si coupe. Better block, more torque, but it needs a drop and some nicer rims than comes from the factory.

I wouldn't touch anything Honda made in the last few years, with a longshot being a V6 manual tranny Accord. Still pretty fugly, though.

I like everything about the 05 si except that it is big. civics should be <2500lbs and most preferable around 2000lbs with a small wheel base. Bring back the pocket rocket. I'll make the car fast, you (the automaker) make it cheap.

It ain't a tite car, if ain't a Type R

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 13 2005, 10:51 AM
[post=525452]Quoted post[/post]​

4800 lbs+ of coil springs & be able to haul 3 lowriders, with about 1000+ added weight on each car bc of all the batteries in the trunk... GRRR

HEY!!! what about the srt4 Dodge neon? Its priced at around the same price as the Civic Si... I just want something fast if I go with a car... if its a truck, Chevy, or F350... GRRR

srt4 > EP3

but, its still a neon.... so don't expect it to last forever.... or have paint in a couple years. lol

i hate to say it but if i were to choose between a 2001+ si or an srt4...i would buy the dodge....but the dodge trucks are sick too....buy a lightning...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 14 2005, 12:43 PM
srt4 > EP3

but, its still a neon.... so don't expect it to last forever.... or have paint in a couple years. lol
[post=526189]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahaa, true... GRRRR, acura rsx? I dunno what to choose, anything under $30,000

Also, last year I hauled a chevy caprice with around 1500 added lbs to it and from l.a. to phoenix, boy, that freaking dodge ram truck hauled ass... loved it, but back seats are tooooooo uncomfortable for a person 6' and above... big boy size LOL

Originally posted by One Stop Customs+Jul 14 2005, 03:35 PM-->
@Jul 13 2005, 10:51 AM

4800 lbs+ of coil springs & be able to haul 3 lowriders, with about 1000+ added weight on each car bc of all the batteries in the trunk... GRRR

HEY!!! what about the srt4 Dodge neon? Its priced at around the same price as the Civic Si... I just want something fast if I go with a car... if its a truck, Chevy, or F350... GRRR
[post=526183]Quoted post[/post]​

holy fuck!!! :eek:

you dont need a pickup
you need this
BENZHAULER3.jpg

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 14 2005, 12:56 PM-->
Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Jul 14 2005, 03:35 PM
E_SolSi
@Jul 13 2005, 10:51 AM

[post=526183]Quoted post[/post]​

holy fuck!!! :eek:

you dont need a pickup
you need this
BENZHAULER3.jpg

[post=526197]Quoted post[/post]​

already looked into those, cowboycaddy in the midwest... lots of $$$ though LOL... However, they do have the kits for like 40g's, all you have to do is bring your own truck in... GRRR which is still going to be over 80-100gs...

Back