Our little clifford's sick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
:( yea. for those who dont know cifford is our beloved dog. It seems he got into something tonight. I had the back door open all day long because the day was just awesome and the pets would come in and out. It was about 11:30pm and we were watching 'pass time' together like usual when he went out to pee ( i guess).

He came back shaking and spazzing. he couldnt even jump on the couch and he looked like he was having a stroke or something. his head was shaking and all his muscles spazzing. Luckily today is the night Nicole works the overnight so i called her and told her i was bringing him in.

He definitly had a neurological issue. We just hope its nothing serious.The poor little guy look horrified and confused.:( He gets to sleep in mommys hands tonight. here's our little guy for those who dont remember.....

IMG_1227.jpg

i thought he was just scared since i had just yelled at my german shepard dog to get out.

once i saw his head turn and shake uncontrolably i just started to panic.

Nicole and i think he might have gotten into some 'shrooms. He doesnt normally get into stuff like but you never know.Its the only thinng that makes sense.

clifford must have been on one hell of a mind trip

thats kinda what i was thinking.. something psychedelic, ergot maybe?

or are you talking personal stash? lol

maybe he bit a frog... my uncles dog would trip out, foam at the mouth and his eyes would get all big .. like he was hallucinating or something

Maybe something bit him? Did you check for marks?

looks like it was aneurological thing after all.

Nicole just got home with him.They gave some kind of fluid and "charcoal" just in case he got in to some shrooms. took him 4 hours and he was back to normal. He had to pee this morning so nicole scouped out the area in case he goes back to sniff it or something.

hopefully the other pets dont get into it in the future. he's ok now:)

This also sounds like the episode my old Pug had when he got Lyme's disease. I don't think Lyme is down there (It was originated in Lyme CT) but there are few things that cause neurological disorders in wildlife that wouldn't in humans.

Hang in there, find the best vet money can buy.

in a few years that will be Blondie:D

tey jumoed right to it and gave hime his meds. I'm not into spending thousands of dollars on animals, but when i saw clifford sick,the last thing i didnt think about was how much it was going to cost to fix him.

thanks to Nicoles job and her experience it costs us nothing in labor and we get the medcine at cost.

maybe he bit a frog... my uncles dog would trip out, foam at the mouth and his eyes would get all big .. like he was hallucinating or something

that reminds me of this movie.. but i forgot what its called.
with the suitcase with the bomb in it that this homeless guy jacked from an indian guy that owned a bar..
and there was a big frog that squirt his juices in peoples eyes and it made them trip hellllaaa.

That's great new! glad things worked out and now Nicole should be in a good mode, maybe foto good mood.

=)

I had a cat that one day just meowing in a realllllllly bad way, like the meow of death, she was up in the garage attic and I had to carry her down, she wouldn't move, just lay on her side and do that nasty meow of death. I took her into the 24/7 vet they said she had something in her brain give way, they could do a bunch of test to figure out the issues but figured she had next to no chance of making it since she was not even conscious, she was meowing but wasn't really there, eyes did not respond or anything. the thing that was really weird about it is she was pretty young, maybe 7 or 8 at the time.

RIP Fully.

Glad yours turned out well.

This also sounds like the episode my old Pug had when he got Lyme's disease. I don't think Lyme is down there (It was originated in Lyme CT) but there are few things that cause neurological disorders in wildlife that wouldn't in humans.

Hang in there, find the best vet money can buy.
Hell, Lyme goes all the way to South Carolina. I have had like three pets get that bullshit. I wouldn't doubt that it could go just a few hundred miles more.

Oh no! Poor Clifford. I love that dog and I hope everything turns out well with him, Taco. It seems that it's all working out though I hope that it doesn't repeat itself. Take care man. :thumbsup:

thanks guys. He came back a little sore in his neck. That was the part that was tightening and loosening the most. This morning though it seems he got even more sore,he couldnt even stretch on his own without whining. It wasnt as bad as a seizure but it was hard to see him in that condition anyway. His body would curl sideways while he was trying to walk. Also his head would sterach back really far and then relaz back down. you could actually see his hind leg muscles contracting for no reason. man it was weird.

but the little guy is doing well and under careful watch.

and yes Jeffie, the wife was in a good enough mood to take pics. Hopefully i'll get them back in a coule days after they have been "cleaned up."

Thats so odd Taco. My brothers dog went out to do her potty/exercise thing last year and about 15 minutes later she wouldn't come back so my brother went out and found her laying in the grass. We don't know if she had a clot, stroke, heart attack or what but she just keeled over and died out of nowhere. She was only 6-7 years old which is still young for a golden retriever.

Routine days just turn into odd stuff sometimes. Glad the little guy is doing better.

Back