p28 ecu for h22 questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taog36

I'm swapping out a h23 for for a h22a in my 94 prelude.
I need a ecu. A chipped p28 sounds legit to me.
Xenocron Tuning: Chipped OBD1 VTEC ECU. #[P28-Equiv]
When i order one, i need need to get a base map for h22a 94 prelude? I want to make sure im on the right track and im doing this right.
So if i get that, is the base map gonna be an improvement from default factory ECU and give me better performance or am i going to have to have a turner make adjustments for me to get an increase in performance? The car right now will only have custom exhaust redone and cold air intake, maybe after market headers and/or cams. I plan to do more work on the engine this summer. What im not gonna know is this ECU gonna perform good with the stuff i have done to engine or is it gonna be on factory settings, thinking my car has factory intake and exhaust.
When i add more to the engine ill have to tune it again right, to take in the fact i added an up grade?
Also when i put the ecu in, the car should start up and run right? so its at least going to be drivable, just maybe not best performance?
thanks for you help.

Back