Painted Interior......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

801CRX

Got Rice?
Ok, some of you may know that my first CRX Hf was totaled. So I got ahold of another 89' Hf.

But my problem is that the interior looks ugly as a mutha!

Its in great condition full interior no tears or anything major.

The guy I bought it from painted it black and red, and I was wondering what is the best method to take the paint off of the interior panels?

Thanks in advance!

Try some paint reducer. Goto an autobody supply place and buy it, its not as strong as thinner but strong enough to remove the paint.

My sol interior was yellow and blue. I've just repainted it black.
Yellow and blue WTF?

Ive heard about using brake fluid to remove paint. But dont know what kind of affect its going to have on the panels.

And I dont want paint on the panels kinda too ricey for me. Stock FTW

Do you know what kind of paint was used? There is interior rattle can paint.. I have used that before, years ago (dumb idea really).

Really, I would almost think the interior is ruined, but rather than trying to scrub it off.. try to allow whatever paint thinner you get to soak into the painted area.. that should break the paint down, and nearly flake off on its own.

I would be wondering why the guy painted it in the first place for, too.. might be poor conditioned panels, faded or something.. you might end up having to repaint them anyways.

well if he painted the panels like my buddy, he probably did a good bit of sanding to remove the texture. Keep that in mind; I'd just repaint

Do you know what kind of paint was used? There is interior rattle can paint.. I have used that before, years ago (dumb idea really).

Really, I would almost think the interior is ruined, but rather than trying to scrub it off.. try to allow whatever paint thinner you get to soak into the painted area.. that should break the paint down, and nearly flake off on its own.

I would be wondering why the guy painted it in the first place for, too.. might be poor conditioned panels, faded or something.. you might end up having to repaint them anyways.
I dont know what type of paint he used, But my guess would be regular spray paint cause it looks like shit!:mad:

well if he painted the panels like my buddy, he probably did a good bit of sanding to remove the texture. Keep that in mind; I'd just repaint
He didnt sand it you can still see the texture through the paint!

If all goes wrong(paint reducer,thinner, brake fluid and stripper) im just going to repaint the whole thing black.:D

Most likely the panel is going to be dulled when you remove the paint, either from him scuffing before painting or from the thinner you're going to use. I've found that Krylon semi-flat Black looks a lot like black plastic OEM panels. I used it on the Accord gauge pod I made where the center heater vents were. The Krylon matched it almost perfectly :)

I've heard that no matter what was previously used, You can get a primer from SEM that seals it all up and make the surface receptive to new coating....
I've used SEM products and from day one they have been great!
..Either way you slice it... it's gonna be tedious, and it's gonna take time.
um, YEAH!.... Best of Luck with that!:D

i woulg use a good addhesion promtor, then a good primer with flex additive, then a paint with flex additive, then a clear, Be it gloos or satin

Cheaping out will only yield cheap results.... so if you want you're finished product to look like you paid the Special Ed class kids to do it..

(no offense, I think they're ALL wonderful lil Picassos just waiting to happen)

....then don't cheap out on product. Trust what the Industry Professionals swear by. And it's not just cuz I was employed by someone to do this for the last 8 years. They use SEM on Unique Whips, Gary Biggs from JBL uses it, Fishman uses it, ..... I could go on but it'd be like:deadhorse: .

"Do it right or pay someone else to do it"

...Oh yeah.... SEM comes in pretty much any color you want and it's made specifically for what you're doing...just thought i'd throw that in there.

The spray cans of the SEM primer are like $12. A can of Bulldog($10) and then a cheap can of primer($5) will be more then that. How are you saving by doing it the cheap way again???? AND we're talking about a couple dollars not hundreds :roll:

Hey, I havent gotten around to it yet, due to a baby on the way.

But hopefully ill get to doing it here in a lil bit

Back