Painting a mirage. update AND PAINTING IT 8/26

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think you guys are missing the purpose of this conversion.

yes they are.

I see what it's for.

FMIC>SMIC

that's going to be kinda quick with the 4g63T

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 30 2005, 11:31 AM
well besides that... evoIII carbon fiber hood and front bumper will bolt on now.
[post=518604]Quoted post[/post]​

... So you replaced the front end with another so you can "bolt on" a carbon fiber hood and bumper? You're a clam :lol:

I guess I missed the purpose of this conversion.

-> Steve

i did, all im really reading from the whole thing is that the bumper cover hole/vent/airdam whatever is a little bit larger. how bout some side by side comparisons...

Originally posted by Celerity+Jun 30 2005, 01:41 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Jun 30 2005, 11:31 AM
well besides that... evoIII carbon fiber hood and front bumper will bolt on now.
[post=518604]Quoted post[/post]​

... So you replaced the front end with another so you can "bolt on" a carbon fiber hood and bumper? You're a clam :lol:

I guess I missed the purpose of this conversion.

-> Steve
[post=518687]Quoted post[/post]​

you miss the purpose of alot of things. :) OBVIOUSLY everybody knows that i want an evo3, and since i cant find a sedan in as rust free shape to convert i got this instead. if i never posted those pictures and only the finished product, i bet noone would bitch. i do also have the grille, but i needed to move my hood latch first.

its pretty much the same as those guys who swap ITR front ends on their USDM integras, 99-00 Si front ends onto their older EKs, and the EG guys who want an EK front.

FWIW, im the only Cou-dan in the US. probably the world.

Sean: i would do side by side, but i need to find another coupe first. the front end really does flow much more air.

see, clayton seems to like it and he doesnt like the mirage at all. ;)

i wanted to either do something big with this car, or get rid of it. i chose the latter ;)

pics of the relocated hood latch in the morning.

hood latch relocated. im going to go and clean it up shortly.

hoodlatch.JPG

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 1 2005, 12:40 AM
i wanted to either do something big with this car, or get rid of it. i chose the latter ;)
[post=518947]Quoted post[/post]​

You chose to get rid of it ?

And also, I'm not sure you got my point. You went through a ton of work to... avoid going through a ton of work ? I don't get that.

after replacing the hood and bumper, you would have gone through all that trouble for the front 4" of the fenders, and some lights. And you did this because the EVO stuff wouldn't fit, and you would have to .....

-> S

Originally posted by Celerity+Jul 1 2005, 03:32 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Jul 1 2005, 12:40 AM
[post=518947]Quoted post[/post]​

You chose to get rid of it ?

And also, I'm not sure you got my point. You went through a ton of work to... avoid going through a ton of work ? I don't get that.

after replacing the hood and bumper, you would have gone through all that trouble for the front 4" of the fenders, and some lights. And you did this because the EVO stuff wouldn't fit, and you would have to .....

-> S
[post=519313]Quoted post[/post]​

i meant get rid of the car. for most likely, an is300.

the is300 is my second favorite car. ;) i was just going to get a stock 5spd. white. black interior.

Back