phone upgrade.. need opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
i'm due for an upgrade here in about a week and was looking around at what i can get for fairly cheap.. found a few, just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with them..

HTC One (m7)
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2
Moto X

i've pretty much always had Motorola smart phones and they have never really given me any problems... not sure of build quality on others

Out of the ones I'm looking at, the LG has the fastest processor

Not looking at spending $200 on a phone... more like under $50... lol.. going to Outside Lands in August and need to save some $$$ because SF isn't cheap..lol

S4 is a great phone. Meg's had hers for a almost a year now and it's the first phone she's had nothing to complain about.

zack-morris-phone.jpg

I've had my S4 for over a year now and I love it. It doesn't lag or skip around with any of the games I've played on it. Even the newer stuff in the market. the GPS accuracy and signal I get are great. I don't know what service you have but I got mine when I was with T-Mobile and switched to AT&T with no problems using the same phone.

yea... wasn't really sure about the lg... its between the S4 and the HTC one (m7)... one costing me $50(s4) and the other $1(HTC). Lol

S4 all the way - I've had mine since July 2013 and it still runs like a champ, haven't even had to replace the battery yet. The only problem I ever had was freezing on the lock screen but that ended up being an app related problem (Advanced Task Killer).

Well it appears in the minority but I prefer Sense over Touchwiz or whatever Samsung calls it these days. I had the M7 and now have the M8. Both of which have been excellent.

The note is just TOOOOOOOOOO BIGGGGGGGGGG

bend over with that in your jeans pocket and you'll snap it
Wrong. Completely. Have you even owned one? You get used to the size (I wouldn't want to downgrade on it) and I've done strenuous warehouse work with it in my pocket and never once stress fractured it. I have dropped it on a corner and shattered the screen but I didn't have any case whatsoever. Note 2 is an awesome phone. And it's set to get the Kitkat upgrade soon.

Thread Jack! I was reading this thread for my wife. She still rocks the same non-camera Samsung flip phone for the last 6+ years. She finally wants/needs a smart phone. All I know is my iPhone and my brother's Motorola (that I dislike).

I was thinking an older HTC was worth looking into more since a new one came out. B.....what do you mean "HTC sense blows". Is sense a model or a feature?

She needs quality updated GPS for strange country roads and such (work investigations)

Back